1.8.0: finishing touches

The developers will post here to let you peek into future versions and announce new releases.

Moderator: idcarlos

gyboth
Site Admin

1.8.0: finishing touches

Post by gyboth »

• the pot file is updated. get it from here or via the 'Contribute' section at the homepage. geovah or arnaudus could translate the few new strings in the french po file.
  • i've added the country file for chile. TODO: remove the official team names (this is a must before the new release).
  • stadium events are a lot less severe now, both in capacity and money loss.
gyözö
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
scristian

Post by scristian »

HI,
Updated romanian translation can be found in this page
http://stud.usv.ro/~cspoiala/work/bygfoot/ro.po

I also email it to you.

I am also a newbie in programming, so I am trying to learn gtk. Is there any problem if I try to port bygfoot in gtk# ? with this ocasion I wil learn gtk and c#
:wink:
Romanian translator of Bygfoot.
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

scristian wrote:HI,
Updated romanian translation can be found in this page
http://stud.usv.ro/~cspoiala/work/bygfoot/ro.po

I also email it to you.

I am also a newbie in programming, so I am trying to learn gtk. Is there any problem if I try to port bygfoot in gtk# ? with this ocasion I wil learn gtk and c#
:wink:
thanks a lot, cristian. you're welcome to port to gtk# (or at least try to). but i must say i don't have any idea what gtk# is ;-)

gyözö
scristian

Post by scristian »

Gtk# is a .Net language binding for the gtk+ toolkit and assorted GNOME libraries.
The project is closely associated with the Mono project.
Romanian translator of Bygfoot.
MisterX

Post by MisterX »

Will 1.80 be stable or the unstable version ?
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

MisterX wrote:Will 1.80 be stable or the unstable version ?
1.8.0 will be a stable version, basically the same as the current 1.7.3 development version. if you'd like to have a look at it, you can get a cvs version (1.7 branch) (simplest way to do this is with the update script, see section download).

gyözö
MisterX

Post by MisterX »

Ah Thanks for anwsering my question.Now when will this marvelous little game be released ?
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

MisterX wrote:Ah Thanks for anwsering my question.Now when will this marvelous little game be released ?
you're welcome :-) that's what forums are for.

i guess you're not a linux-expert, otherwise you'd have grabbed the cvs version long since ;-) (on the other hand getting a cvs version is rather simple with bygfoot-update).

1.8.0 should be released in a week or so (i hope). there are still two tasks to be done: a) remove official team names from chilenian country file b) update translations (german and romanian already are).

gyözö
MisterX

Post by MisterX »

What new features can we expect for 1.80 ?
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

MisterX wrote:What new features can we expect for 1.80 ?
basically everything 1.7.3 has (compared to 1.6.3). additionally country file for chile. then, playing in lower leagues will be a bit easier. geovah's season objective. the boost feature. are you sure you don't want to try out the cvs-version ;-) ?

gyözö
MisterX

Post by MisterX »

Is CVS 1.80 ? And where can I get it ?
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

MisterX wrote:Is CVS 1.80 ? And where can I get it ?
yes, the 1.7 branch in the cvs is rather close to the final 1.8.0 version. you can get it using the above mentioned bygfoot-update script. download it from the link i provided above (right click and 'save as'; you might have to do a chmod 744 bygfoot-update to make it executable after downloading). the script is menu-driven, so it shouldn't be a great deal to download the cvs version with it. the latter can be compiled and installed like any other src version (after executing ./autogen.sh && make type make install).

if you have problems, don't hesitate to write ;-) if you don't have any, don't hesitate to report bugs etc.

gyözö
MisterX

Post by MisterX »

Umm Ill wait for 1.80 version to be released.
MisterX

Post by MisterX »

Gyboth,shoudnt 1.80 be released today ?
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

MisterX wrote:Gyboth,shoudnt 1.80 be released today ?
you're really counting the days, aren't you :-) the problem is, the updated brazilian and russian translations are still missing (minor problem, i'm going to release without them if they don't come along soon), and the chilenian country file still contains official team names. this is the bigger problem. i've already emailed two guys who know some spanish and asked them to change the file, but they didn't do it yet.
if there are any volunteers for the task (they should speak spanish), i'd be grateful to offer the job.

as soon as the country file problem's solved, 1.8.0 will be out. but if you can't wait any longer, take the update script and get a cvs version (it isn't hard, really! you could even make an rpm out of it if you use checkinstall).

i'm going to write one of the guys today and remind him of the problem.

gyözö