All players banned/injured

Here you can... report bugs. Open a new thread for each bug, please.
billys_boots

All players banned/injured

Post by billys_boots »

I have had a game crash with the message "** (bygfoot:21742): WARNING **: 18:31:30.974: game_get_player: All players injured or banned, apparently." This was a team playing in the UEFA Champions League, but not the team I managed, I wasn't even involved in this cup. The error goes on with

UEFA Champions League 1. FC Köln player list:
prob 82.219 0 Benjamin Finke health 0 cskill 63.36
prob 154.845 1 Marvin Matip health 0 cskill 73.26
prob 201.510 2 Fabrice Ehret health 0 cskill 65.34
prob 246.364 3 Enis Alushi health 0 cskill 83.16
prob 287.030 4 Salvatore Gambino health 0 cskill 80.19
prob -nan 5 Ricardo Cabanas health 0 cskill 73.26
prob -nan 6 Matthias Scherz health 0 cskill 55.44
prob -nan 7 Patrick Helmes health 0 cskill 56.43
prob -nan 8 Adil Chihi health 0 cskill 83.16
prob -nan 9 Leon Lohner health 0 cskill 82.12
10 Lennart Kirchheim health 0 cskill 74.68
11 Stefan Wessels health 0 cskill 62.37
12 Alpay health 0 cskill 67.32
13 Aleksandar Mitreski health 0 cskill 46.53
14 Carsten Cullmann health 0 cskill 85.14
15 Mirco Gerber health 0 cskill 74.69
16 Baykal Kulaksizoglu health 0 cskill 49.50
17 Thomas Broich health 0 cskill 59.40
18 Pekka Lagerblom health 0 cskill 59.40
19 Denis Epstein health 0 cskill 50.4
billys_boots

Re: All players banned/injured

Post by billys_boots »

Some additional information. I restarted the game from the last save and the game progressed past the point of this error. This makes me think that player availability/health IS determined for each computer generated match, which I thought it was, and this error was a fluke. Even though it crashed my game I was able to go back to the last save and continue, so this error is just an annoyance.
will_the_canuck

Post by will_the_canuck »

billys_boots wrote:Some additional information. I restarted the game from the last save and the game progressed past the point of this error. ... Even though it crashed my game I was able to go back to the last save and continue, so this error is just an annoyance.
Yeah, this kind of error is an annoyance for sure as it crashes the game but still, it is a rather interesting error nonetheless as it truly isn't one you would come across often. This is a good reason to save the game frequently enough just in case you get an error that might crash the game and force you to redo a few matches you've already done or undo some success you've had and now will have to redo again.

Thanks for sharing this one as again, it is rather interesting to see, but annoying as hell to experience. :)

will_the_canuck
billys_boots

Post by billys_boots »

I think I may have stumbled across the reason for this bug. While testing the Germany definition, which includes team definitions files from the last version release, therefore over 10 years old, I noticed that most of the players were either in their 40's or late 30's and would injure or lose fitness easily.
will_the_canuck

Post by will_the_canuck »

billys_boots wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:42 pm I think I may have stumbled across the reason for this bug. While testing the Germany definition, which includes team definitions files from the last version release, therefore over 10 years old, I noticed that most of the players were either in their 40's or late 30's and would injure or lose fitness easily.
HAHAHA. Sorry. :) Yeah, it does sound like you were using the original_names.zip definitions. This would make sense though about the players and all, being older and being able to tire more easily and all. I think it is the <team_file> tag or something like that that those definitions had which allowed people to make up the team with player names and also included birth dates for the players. There is an issue with those definitions that caused Certes to experience the CPU to freeze and go to 100 percent usage and all. At least one of the Germany definitions is not properly coded and will crash the system, I think. It relates to special characters and either the file was done in windows or saved in the wrong format. If you have those files and are using them billys_boots, I'd recommend to either delete them if you don't want to use them again, or move them to another directory that won't affect game play and then use them as a reference only, if wanted. Since the files would include birth dates and all, their lifespan would be limited and would require updating frequently enough, either every year or two, so as not to cause an issue like the one you experienced.

Oh well. That's all from me for now.

will_the_canuck