UEFA Nations League

Forum devoted to country/league/cup/team definition topics. You can also get help here if you have trouble writing or using a definition.
billys_boots

UEFA Nations League

Post by billys_boots »

This is a new competition comprising all 55 European nations, playing in 16 mini leagues with promotion and relegation. Each season is played of over 6 weeks with and end of season semi final and final for winners in the top league.
Attachments
nations.zip
(31.02 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
will_the_canuck

Re: UEFA Nations League

Post by will_the_canuck »

billys_boots wrote:This is a new competition comprising all 55 European nations, playing in 16 mini leagues with promotion and relegation. Each season is played of over 6 weeks with and end of season semi final and final for winners in the top league.
Hey billys_boots.

Well, I'll say I downloaded this and tried it out and for me, it was ok but not something I'd play consistently. As it is a supernational country file, it is like the world cup definitions wherein you get the team you get and you can't really improve much, unless you play them, and you're stuck with who you get. And since I was playing this with the win32 version of bygfoot, I got 17 players to begin with (2 goalies, 6 defencemen, 6 midfielders, and 3 forwards) and that was it. Although I read that they fixed this issue to allow the player to get 20 players like the computer teams, I don't know if they recompiled the program to actually do that, at least for the linux version. The Windows version would have to be recompiled to include that.

The team I chose was San Marino, since I like the underdog and fighting my way up in this game is fun. I did play about 4 or 5 seasons and advanced from the 4th tier to the 3rd tier, but while in the 3rd tier, my game got messed up and I lost my saved game, so I decided to not try another one. Oh well. But it was ok to play I'll say, just not something I'd maybe try more than once or twice in the manner of how I play the game. I'd say good effort though in creating the definitions.

As for the actual UEFA Nations League, I heard that Portugal won it this year, for the year 2018/2019. I can see some benefit to the actual UEFA Nations League since it would give some lower ranked teams like Andorra and San Marino, a chance to play against competitive teams which would hopefully help them improve their players and game more. But for gameplay, I think these definitions would be more along the lines of the world cup or fifa definitions. Just my honest thoughts on this one.

Anyways, anyone that tries these definitions, hope you can enjoy them.

will_the_canuck
billys_boots

Re: UEFA Nations League

Post by billys_boots »

Thanks for your comments. I wrote this definition while watching the Nations League, yes it was won by Portugal. The definition was straight forward and didn't take very long to do. As you point out, this is a supernational definition and is limited by the fact you have to play with the players you are given. I find the game ideal for when I have 20 minutes spare, it doesn't take very long to play a full season.