An opinion poll on Promotions and Relegations

General discussions about the game, e.g. game strategy.

With regards to Promotion and Relegation, how do you prefer it to be presented?

Do you like to achieve a certain position and then either you are promoted or relegated based upon that position? i.e. you end up in last place and therefore will be relegated or you end up in first place in the division and therefore will be promoted.
No votes
Do you like to challenge the team(s) above or below that will be promoted or relegated to see who is worthy of being promoted or relegated? i.e. you face off against the team(s) that will be promoted and relegated and whoever wins gets promoted and whoever loses gets relegated
100%
Do you dislike promotions and relegations and just like staying in the one division you start out in, which might usually be the top division?
No votes

Total votes: 1

will_the_canuck

An opinion poll on Promotions and Relegations

Post by will_the_canuck »

This is just a poll on promotions and relegations and what the people here prefer. There are different kinds of promotions and relegations and I have a preference myself of the challenge.

With the challenge factor, wherein the teams facing promotion and relegation facing off against each other, it is plausible that even if the lower tiered team(s) qualify to be promoted, they may never get promoted if they can not beat the upper tiered team(s). And I guess that is the point in that if you can not beat the teams being relegated, how will you beat the other teams from their division/tier. Although you may get more attendance and more funds coming in if you were instantly promoted, it may just last until you likely get relegated the following season. Also, if your sponsorship comes time to renew and you're in the upper tier, you may get more sponsorship money that way, but only if you're in the upper tier. So although the challenge factor does have its negatives, which are mostly financial if you lose, they do provide the tougher challenge of having to actually win and beat the teams above you to have the right to take their place.

Wherein with the instant promotion and relegation factor, you land in the spot that has the promotion or relegation associated with it, and you follow what it says, either sliding down a tier or rising up a tier. No real challenge beyond ending up in that spot.

So as people are nearing relegation, I can see them wishing for the challenge part, so that they can still have a chance to stay in the upper tier division that they are already apart of. As for the people nearing promotion, I can see them wishing for the instant promotion as if they can succeed in finishing at or near the top, they get a free ride to the next tier.

So, with this all in mind, I just wonder what other people think of this subject.

Bye for now,

will_the_canuck