Requesting new tag - team_sid

Forum devoted to country/league/cup/team definition topics. You can also get help here if you have trouble writing or using a definition.
will_the_canuck

Requesting new tag - team_sid

Post by will_the_canuck »

Hello Creators and Maintainers of Bygfoot.

When I think of a handy tag or feature to have for this game, a team sid comes to mind. Yes, it will solve one of my issues for my USA definitions in North America since for the USA definitions, you have American and Canadian teams combined yet for CONCACAF purposes (think FIFA Club World Cup), each is dealt with separately when trying to qualify. Having a team sid tag will allow me to give the Canadian teams their own sid and then allow me to single them out when it comes to the Canadian Championships when dealing with CONCACAF qualifying. There is a country sid and a league sid, of which both are quite necessary, but now why not a team sid?

When I think of the added feature requests of having "friendlies", a team sid would actually make sense since the user can create or modify a definitions file (likely a cup file) to input a specific team to play, against any other team they want to play against. If they want to play against another specific team, then they can also input that team's sid into the definitions. Although for basics, I'm assuming the user would like to have their team play against a random team from another league, regardless of a specific team. But without the team sid tag, it can't happen otherwise. Though as for a feature request, the users can add to the definition files a friendly match, just not specify which teams will play, so they themselves may not play in it, but they can at least see the results.

So, that's my pitch for adding a team sid tag. As I said, it would benefit me in creating the definitions I want and it could also benefit users by being able to have friendly matches with the teams of their choice, if they so choose. Feel free to comment or reply as you see fit.

will_the_canuck