"Too many substitutions" message during a live game

Here you can... report bugs. Open a new thread for each bug, please.
will_the_canuck

"Too many substitutions" message during a live game

Post by will_the_canuck »

Hello again. :)

I'm playing a game right now from definitions I created and there is a game that I have 3 red cards in right now. Fun game as I'm actually leading 1-0 but because I've got this message, I can't continue it and will have to close the window and play it over again, which is ok I guess. From what I can recall, a defense player got banned and my line-up switched to a 3-4-2. I scored a goal and then changed my line-up to a 4-4-1 by replacing a forward with a defense player. After that, my midfielder got banned and was at a 4-3-1. And even further after that, at the 85th minute, another defense player got banned and my line-up fell back to a 3-3-1, with 3 players banned. Well, after pressing the "Resume" button to try to finish off the game and get the win, I get the error message that I made too many substitutions and that only 3 are allowed in the game. I only made one. The 3 banned players moved from their original positions and may have caused this error. Even after selecting the "Player list reset" option, the error message STILL shows up. I would definitely argue that this is a bug that can use a little work. If it has been resolved but not yet uploaded to be included in the ubuntu repositories, my bad. If it has been resolved, where might I find it to help include it in my version that I'm using. I'll note that I'm using version 2.3.2 for ubuntu with Lubuntu 16.04, although 18.04 is not far from being downloaded as it is ready to download.

Included is a screen grab of the error message and my bygfoot screen at the time.
Error message and page of "Too many substitutions" when in fact, it likely wasn't really.
Error message and page of "Too many substitutions" when in fact, it likely wasn't really.
bf-error-msg.png (157.34 KiB) Viewed 1081 times
Thanks in advance,

will_the_canuck
will_the_canuck

Re: "Too many substitutions" message during a live game

Post by will_the_canuck »

Well, I found a similar example during a non-live game but it was the cpu player that did it, in a way. Although no error messages were presented as this was a non-live game and it was by the cpu player that this happened too, it does seem that either the code is working for the cpu players but not the actual player, or it was because this was a non-live game compared to a live game.

Anyways, the situation from this is that the cpu got a player banned and then substituted another player for a bench player. So with the logic from the live game, that would be two players moved but really, only one did. And they said that their structure has changed to a 4-4-1. Shortly thereafter, another player got banned and they said they restructured themselves into a 4-4-1, which isn't possible as they should have only 9 players at this time instead of 10. So if that is true, I'm being cheated. :) At that point, we both lose a player to injury and we each replace the injured player. That would make it 4 changes for the computer, according to the logic shown before with the live game, and that wouldn't be right. Although really, it was only 2 changes. I should note that my team in this example has no players named Webb or Logan.

So the point of this one is to say that either you have the code correct with relation to the substitution count for the players, or you're ignoring the rules for the cpu players. And the cpu player should have been at a 9 player count instead of the 10 player count which it said it was at, after the second banned player from their team happened. Hopefully this can help rectify the issue in general or maybe expose another issue that needs rectifying.

Bye for now,

will_the_canuck
happened during a non-live game, but no errors were presented
happened during a non-live game, but no errors were presented
bf-computer-sub-more-than-3.png (138.65 KiB) Viewed 1057 times