authentic squads for Serie A season 2010/2011

Forum devoted to country/league/cup/team definition topics. You can also get help here if you have trouble writing or using a definition.
Foss

Re: authentic squads for Serie A season 2010/2011

Post by Foss »

There shouldn't be any player with a 9000 rating in the Polish leagues, not even close.
I won't post any definitions until I get a continent done, with actual consideration given to the players and not just carelessly looking at market values.
pietro

Post by pietro »

What makes you think there should be no player with 9000 in polish league, in vanilla Bygfoot Kazakhstan club teams get average rating 92 sometimes. Maybe you've got access to some hidden resources nobody else knows about? What are your stats based on? Castrol Index? If you're using FM database than I wish you good luck, seasons almost over so your database will be already outdated in late May.
And it's game not a laboratory simulator.
Foss

Post by Foss »

Because one would like for these definitions to be as realistic as possible, which you're obviously not striving for. Maybe you should remove that 'authentic' from your thread title.
Trust me, I have multiple sources which aren't outdated. By the way, if you have followed Football Manager's database development, you'd notice that between seasons there are no dramatic changes in players.
pietro

Post by pietro »

My definitions are realistic as possible cause no other exists at the moment and you even don't want to share yours. That's not the open source spirit, is it? Mine are authentic in full meaning of this word comparing to random selection of names and values in game's basic database. if you prefer football world generated from set of names and surnames don't use my definitions, nobody ask you to do that.
I put a lot of heart and time in it, and as the matter of fact I waste time replying instead of doing Athletic Bilbao squad, so go ahead with your authentic definitions using some supreme resources and share them some day in the future maybe.
And I know how to rank players cause I was creating official database for FM.
Good luck and stop wasting my time
Foss

Post by Foss »

I sincerely hope you weren't part of the database, since obviously your abilities are lackluster for realistic definitions.
It doesn't make your definitions realistic if they're the only ones existing. The direction you're taking resembles more of an arcade game than a management game.
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

I don't get why you're railing at each other, people. For one, player's ratings can't be objective, anyway. And second, nobody'll be forced to use the definitions created by either of you. Take it or leave it, no need to get mad at each other.
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
alyn2010

Post by alyn2010 »

Foss, until you don`t post anything from your work, don`t comment to other`s people work.
Please.
Foss

Post by Foss »

alyn2010 wrote:Foss, until you don`t post anything from your work, don`t comment to other`s people work.
Please.
I have all the right in the world to criticize his "work".
pietro

Post by pietro »

for those who want to stay up to date with the progress:
Primera Division added and 30% of Ligue 1 done plus some fresh european teams.
Below there's file to download attached. Have a good time!
Attachments
definitions.zip
(756.63 KiB) Downloaded 276 times
Foss

Post by Foss »

Thanks, but no thanks.
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

Foss, stop trolling, or you'll get banned. Even if we suppose you're right, I'll take a nice and polite participant in the community with mediocre definitions over a troll with excellent defs any day.
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
Foss

Post by Foss »

Very well, I won't troll but you can't take away my ability to criticize.
alyn2010

Post by alyn2010 »

Foss wrote:Very well, I won't troll but you can't take away my ability to criticize.
Shut up. He can take your ability to criticize at any time he wants, because he can ban you right now and you can`t criticize pietro anyway.
Foss

Post by Foss »

alyn2010 wrote:
Foss wrote:Very well, I won't troll but you can't take away my ability to criticize.
Shut up. He can take your ability to criticize at any time he wants, because he can ban you right now and you can`t criticize pietro anyway.
Excuse me? Now you're being out of bounds yourself. I doubt this forum is a totalitarian state where one can't express their opinions.
I have every right to criticize him too.
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

Criticism is ok, as long as you stay polite. The previous posts were not polite, but I'm sure you'll find a way to disagree in a peaceful way.

However, always remember, not everybody his/her first language is English. Keep that in mind when you read and write something. Sometimes the things you say in a different languages can sound harsh. If you think somebody is insulting you , make him/her explain in different words what they mean, chances are it wasn't meant that way.