1.7: feature freeze

Discussions about the internal structures of the game. You can also post here if you'd like to know how things really work (and don't know how to read C code).
gyboth
Site Admin

1.7: feature freeze

Post by gyboth »

as i'm in the process of creating 1.9 almost from scratch, i won't have the time to implement any new features in the 1.7 branch any more.

geovah or arnaudus or anybody else interested in new features and coding may of course add new features for a while (until we agree on a global feature freeze so that we can concentrate on bugfixes and have a 1.8 branch at last).

you are welcome to request new features, it's only that they probably won't end up in 1.7 but in 1.9 (but don't count on them being in 1.9.0).

gyözö
Last edited by gyboth on Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
GeoVah

Post by GeoVah »

I'm OK for a 1.7 feature freeze.

If someone want to add some feature in 1.7, he must prove that it must be in 1.7 and not in 1.9.

What about testing/debuging someweek this 1.7 and after made a public anounce of a 1.8beta1 ?
Geovah - geovah@jabber.sk- (yes i'm french...)
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

GeoVah wrote:What about testing/debuging someweek this 1.7 and after made a public anounce of a 1.8beta1 ?
all right, i'm going to begin debugging next week then. i don't think there'll be a 1.8beta1, though :-) i abolished that kind of version numbering; there'll only be 1.8.0 maybe.

gyözö
GeoVah

Post by GeoVah »

gyboth wrote:
GeoVah wrote:What about testing/debuging someweek this 1.7 and after made a public anounce of a 1.8beta1 ?
all right, i'm going to begin debugging next week then. i don't think there'll be a 1.8beta1, though :-) i abolished that kind of version numbering; there'll only be 1.8.0 maybe.

gyözö
Ok for 1.8 :-P

I'm also starting debugging now, when i found the time :-(
vector

Post by vector »

I have been heavily debugging the latest cvs (1.7) branch for the last 2 weeks. its fairly stable apart from some rare bugs(that would no doubt take more time to fix than they are worth) and features that may as well just be carried over to 1.9.
looking down the list of features and bugs,I would consider implementing my current thread to gyboth on adding a few low skilled players to the transfer list tho. As I think it would be easy to code ? and this would polish off 1.7 nicely.

Ill upload my latest Icons today(eve) and you can decide which ones you want to keep and Ill freeze that "set".(refrain from tweaking them ;)

This is probably a good time to do this as Ill be back at work next week and no doubt we all will be getting back to the normall yearly grind with work etc.
"There are two ways to score. Dribble it over the line or smash it into the back of the net."
What type are you?
GeoVah

Post by GeoVah »

vector wrote: Ill upload my latest Icons today(eve) and you can decide which ones you want to keep and Ill freeze that "set".(refrain from tweaking them ;)
Due to some time/schedule problem, i've just saw your new icon yesterday and.. it's very very pleasant :-)
Congratulations!!
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

vector wrote:I have been heavily debugging the latest cvs (1.7) branch for the last 2 weeks. its fairly stable apart from some rare bugs(that would no doubt take more time to fix than they are worth) and features that may as well just be carried over to 1.9.
did you also debug the season objective feature?
looking down the list of features and bugs,I would consider implementing my current thread to gyboth on adding a few low skilled players to the transfer list tho. As I think it would be easy to code ? and this would polish off 1.7 nicely.
you're right, that'd be an easy change. we're going to make an exception for it ;-)
Ill upload my latest Icons today(eve) and you can decide which ones you want to keep and Ill freeze that "set".(refrain from tweaking them ;)
jolly good :-)
This is probably a good time to do this as Ill be back at work next week and no doubt we all will be getting back to the normall yearly grind with work etc.
yes, me too :-? but anyway, i'm satisfied with the progress i made with 1.9 during the x-mas holidays. though i must say that the live game is quite a hard nut to crack.

gyözö
vector

Post by vector »

thanks GeoVah I try my best ;)
I havent uploaded the very latest as yet but there are only a few new.

gyboth Im not sure the best way to do this. I havent changed any icons since the ones I emailed to you. Today was a disaster, I was very silly and managed to flick a very small drop of superglue into my left eye, I washed it with water within seconds and apart from some discomfort the doctors said id be ok but its a bit sore staring at the screen.

Im not sure to cvs or not because I made that change in main window by moving the figures menu and of course the new flags in the team selection window.I have played it this way and its fine but best left for you to ok it. I can cvs it if you like. let me know. you of course have the icons, and the glade files as I emailed so maybe best if you merge it yourself ?

Im also missing a Best players Icon and the interface looks silly, all the others are there except that one.
The only other one i was going to quickly do was the "show my league results" icon

If you want a complete set (ie best player and show my legue additions) let me know how much time I have b4 you freeze and release and Ill try to get them done.

Im off to rest my eye, I feal so stupid, Im always telling people off for not wearing saftey glasess and then I go and do this :(.
"There are two ways to score. Dribble it over the line or smash it into the back of the net."
What type are you?
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

vector wrote:gyboth Im not sure the best way to do this. I havent changed any icons since the ones I emailed to you.
i took a look at your interface today, and i liked the icons.
Today was a disaster, I was very silly and managed to flick a very small drop of superglue into my left eye, I washed it with water within seconds and apart from some discomfort the doctors said id be ok but its a bit sore staring at the screen.
don't worry, i don't regard new icons as 'features' :-) you still have all the time you need to polish them, no need to hurry and hurt your eye.
Im not sure to cvs or not because I made that change in main window by moving the figures menu and of course the new flags in the team selection window.I have played it this way and its fine but best left for you to ok it.
i liked it better when there was a figures menu. i didn't know where to look for it now (i've got to admit i didn't search thoroughly, the 1.9 live game was calling ;-))

i liked the old flags better, too. with your flags, there's a bit of a whitish 'border' between the flag and the ball, it doesn't look smooth (not on my system, anyway).
I can cvs it if you like. let me know. you of course have the icons, and the glade files as I emailed so maybe best if you merge it yourself ?
yes, that might be best. i'm going to test your changes when i'm home after the week-end.
Im also missing a Best players Icon and the interface looks silly, all the others are there except that one.
and that small button that caused you those problem's still there, too...
If you want a complete set (ie best player and show my legue additions) let me know how much time I have b4 you freeze and release and Ill try to get them done.
no, as i said, no need to hurry. rest your eye :-)

gyözö
vector

Post by vector »

gyboth wrote: don't worry, i don't regard new icons as 'features' you still have all the time you need to polish them, no need to hurry and hurt your eye.
thats good ill not rush then.
i liked it better when there was a figures menu. i didn't know where to look for it now (i've got to admit i didn't search thoroughly, the 1.9 live game was calling )
Yes you can only get to it when you hit fixtures, which is not right but I couldnt work out how to re arrange it within glade.

either figures should always be available at the bottom or return it to the top where it was. (Id rather not loose my tables and fixtures buttons. But as we cant fix this simply, maybe ill just put up with it.;) Note that tables and fixtures can be removed from the figures menu inthis case.

In fact I tried to remove figures completly and put Best player, history and history graph on the toolbar. It just fits even at 800x640 But when I look at best players etc it has no "handler" so I didnt know how to make it just a button. I guess I cant remove it from a menu like that.

To get all this changed for 1.7 is not worth it. It seems to require more than just moving things around within glade. So I guess we go back to the old interface.
i liked the old flags better, too. with your flags,
Im not happy either. it was a cute idea but it didnt work.. Looks good big but just dosent resolve when iconed. I do like how I have made them just square buttons and not with the 'indicator" tho I thought that looked neater even with your flags.
and that small button that caused you those problem's still there, too...
yes i still have not worked out how to get rid of it :( when I do, I get the "grey screen" and I have no idea why.
What type are you?
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

vector wrote:To get all this changed for 1.7 is not worth it. It seems to require more than just moving things around within glade. So I guess we go back to the old interface.
i guess, too ;-) but don't worry, i'll update the 1.9 cvs version soon, and you'll be able to participate in the new interface (and even see a bit of a live game; in fact, i might soon ask you to write the comments, i'm already using some (of my own)).

gyözö