Installing 2.3.2 in FEDORA

General help forum. You can post here if you have trouble installing, for instance.
ursus_arctos

Installing 2.3.2 in FEDORA

Post by ursus_arctos »

When I try to install 2.3.2 in FEDORA 11 X86_64 the system says that gtk+ and glib is missing.
I have tried to install everything concerning gtk+ and glib I could get my "hands" on but to no avail, the system just keeps nagging about gtk+ and glib. What is there to do? :?
Have a good day, or better still, have the best ever
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

You should get a libgtk version of 2.14 at least. That could be the problem, the rpm still defines 2.6 (which is wrong)
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

Also are you using an rpm or are you trying to compile yourself? In the latter case you will have to get the development libraries as well.
ursus_arctos

Glib and Gtk+

Post by ursus_arctos »

I managed to get hold of gtk+ - 2.6.10.tar.bz2 and glib - 2.6.6.tar.bz2 but donẗ know
what to do with them hence I am not so good at Linux yet. I run Fedora 11 x86_64
and I am only familiar with rpm-packages. I did only find the packages in question
in the tar.bz2 format.

Do you have a soloution
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

I'm not good with fedora either, but could you try running "yum install gtk2" from the command line and report back with the response of yum to ronald[at]bygfoot[dot]com please, Thanks
ursus_arctos

Post by ursus_arctos »

I am sorry to be late with my reply but I have been out in the wilderness, with other words I have not had access to Internet. There will also be another delay since I have not access to the computer in question. I will set up a system on a computer here in Thailand but that will take a few days due to various issues.

I¨ll be back
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

ursus_arctos wrote:I am sorry to be late with my reply but I have been out in the wilderness, with other words I have not had access to Internet. There will also be another delay since I have not access to the computer in question. I will set up a system on a computer here in Thailand but that will take a few days due to various issues.

I¨ll be back
No problem, take your time. I hope you're in Thailand for fun (and that you are indeed having fun ;-) )
ursus_arctos

Post by ursus_arctos »

Hello there

I have set up Fedora 12 i686 on a computer ( I know that when this thread started the flavour involved was x86_64 but i hope that does not matter)
Anyway I downloaded bygfoot 2.3.2.1 from the repository and now it installed properly.

I think that wraps it all up, doesn't it?

Thank you for you helping me out in this matter

ursus arctos
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

great to hear that it works.