New and in need of help

General help forum. You can post here if you have trouble installing, for instance.
Chris

New and in need of help

Post by Chris »

Hello, I am brand new to the game and probably one if the least technically minded people here. At first glance the game looks like a potentially brilliant manger game, however what I would really love is to have the really life player however I have not been able to understand the 'how tos' on this website and I haven't been able to find. Simpler guide on the Internet, I would be truely grateful if someone could take the time to explain a simpler guide for 'dummys' so to speak on writing 'definitions?'
Thanks in Advance.

P.S is it possible to sign people who aren't on the transfer window?
Chris

P.P.S

Post by Chris »

For windows.
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

For Windows: you can also get the official names here. Unpack (Using winzip, 7-zip or similar) this downloaded file into the support_files directory (Which can be found in the directory where you installed bygfoot).

EDIT: this is actually only for team names. I don't think we ever had a list of real player names.

You can however change the names of your own players by going to the second player tab, select a player and click on a player name again, you'll be presented with a textbox where you can fill in the names
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

gunnar wrote:For Windows: you can also get the official names here. Unpack (Using winzip, 7-zip or similar) this downloaded file into the support_files directory (Which can be found in the directory where you installed bygfoot).

EDIT: this is actually only for team names. I don't think we ever had a list of real player names.

You can however change the names of your own players by going to the second player tab, select a player and click on a player name again, you'll be presented with a textbox where you can fill in the names
The original zip was the wrong one. We updated the archive, just replace your definitions folder with the one contained in the zip file.
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.