Ubuntu

General help forum. You can post here if you have trouble installing, for instance.
primeprover

Ubuntu

Post by primeprover »

would it be possible for the latest version of bygfoot to be uploaded to the ubuntu 9.04 64-bit repositories?
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

That actually depends on the policy of Ubuntu. We only have an unstable release ATM and Ubunty might decide to not distribute it due to that I could however provide a 64 bit debian package in the coming days.
ilias

Post by ilias »

The latest version in Ubuntu repositories is 2.0.1. Fortunatelly you can download the *.rpm packet and with the help of the alien program you can transform it to the equivalent *.deb packet which is easy to install in Ubuntu (unfortunatelly doesn't works with Ubuntu 64 bit). For Ubuntu 64 bit, i downloaded the source packet and i compiled it. I used the notes in this site and it was very easy. The only difficulty i had is that i had to download some buiding packets before compiling.
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

ilias wrote:The latest version in Ubuntu repositories is 2.0.1. Fortunatelly you can download the *.rpm packet and with the help of the alien program you can transform it to the equivalent *.deb packet which is easy to install in Ubuntu (unfortunatelly doesn't works with Ubuntu 64 bit). For Ubuntu 64 bit, i downloaded the source packet and i compiled it. I used the notes in this site and it was very easy. The only difficulty i had is that i had to download some buiding packets before compiling.
Actually that's the way I created the 32-bit debian package.

This weekend the new release should arrive and I will provide 32 and 64 bit packages for Linux (I can't create 64 bit versions for windows versions that support it)