howto concerns

Topics about translating Bygfoot

Moderator: romihaitza

vector

Post by vector »

good.. but erm not brilliant :(

I understand of course the difficulties you mention re taking the engine out of the game. I havent looked yet.

Here is why the current solution is ok but not brilliant.
You have changed the timing? not just the indication numbers (now 0-30) but what they represent? The fast is no longer realy fast.
this is better for normal conditions.(cant read that fast anyway)
but
On -10 I think it was(the fastest)? it would would just zip thru the match. I used this a few times.
1)Normal play. If id forgotten to turn the live game off and hit next week and wanted to skip thru the game
or
2)when testing to zip thru the game fast then back up and check the commentry
(this could be solved with a button in the live game window which says (skip) ie jump to half time/full time. (but still generate text)

Spewing the commentry to the terminal is fine and because it does it for each match(when it calcs all the league games) you get lots of chances to see the text your testing come up.
But you of course have no idea of the variables or circumstances that led to that commentary. So what have you actually tested?
Apart from context , typos etc.
So you really have to use the live game on, to test for conditionals. So you know whats going on.

While its a solution I dont think its one for the masses .

BTW i watched the Spurs v chelsea match on ESPN's gamecast and to be honest their commentary is rubbish compared to ours. :)
We are heaps better already. and I know with this conditional stuff once i get the hang of it, will be even better.
"There are two ways to score. Dribble it over the line or smash it into the back of the net."
What type are you?
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

vector wrote:You have changed the timing? not just the indication numbers (now 0-30) but what they represent? The fast is no longer realy fast.
this is better for normal conditions.(cant read that fast anyway)
yeah, that's a bug. i've corrected it, now the range is 0-40 and at 40 the commentary is spat out as fast as your machine can generate it ;-)
While its a solution I dont think its one for the masses .
i'm going try to implement your other idea then :roll:
We are heaps better already. and I know with this conditional stuff once i get the hang of it, will be even better.
well, then i'm looking forward to your getting the hang of it :-)

gyözö
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.