Greek translation

Topics about translating Bygfoot

Moderator: romihaitza

ilias

Post by ilias »

Hi, i installed the new version (2.3.2) of bygfoot from the source package (doing exactly what is written in this site) but i can't see the greek translation (only the greek translation of the hints at the start of the game). The language setting in the preferences was "system". I changed it to "greek" but nothing changed. When i changed it to "spanish" i saw the spanish translation and the same with the other languages except greek. Also in the start of the game in 'choose country" i see europe two times( one with only greece and the other with the other countries).

EDIT: The greek news ans the greek commentary works. Only the greek translation of the program doesn't work.
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

I think Greek is missing in configure.in. Try adding an "el" to the line

Code: Select all

ALL_LINGUAS="de nl fr pl pt_PT pt_BR ro bg zh es da sv it"
and configure, compile, install again.
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
ilias

Post by ilias »

gyboth wrote:I think Greek is missing in configure.in. Try adding an "el" to the line

Code: Select all

ALL_LINGUAS="de nl fr pl pt_PT pt_BR ro bg zh es da sv it"
and configure, compile, install again.
I have done it but the problem remains.
romihaitza
Translation Manager

Post by romihaitza »

Might be because gunnar took out the languages which were not updated?
All the bests,
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

I didn't (that I know of). I still haven't checked the makefile though
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

illias

When you edited configure.in, did you run autogen.sh before typing make?

Another question, why did you download the source? Doesn't sourceforge provide you with a binary package? Sourceforge has changed it's file download recently and I might have made a mistake in the configuration of the download.

In any case I will fix the missing translations in next release.
ilias

Post by ilias »

gunnar wrote:illias

When you edited configure.in, did you run autogen.sh before typing make?

Another question, why did you download the source? Doesn't sourceforge provide you with a binary package? Sourceforge has changed it's file download recently and I might have made a mistake in the configuration of the download.

In any case I will fix the missing translations in next release.
After editing configure.in i run make uninstall (and deleted everything in ./bygfoot except some savegames) then ./configure, make and make install. And i downloaded the source because i couldn't install the .deb package (in some mysterious way it wants something like libgtk > 2.0 which i haven't installed and ubuntu already had the newest version of this library). Probably the version which my ubuntu has is not so new.
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

ilias wrote:After editing configure.in i run make uninstall (and deleted everything in ./bygfoot except some savegames) then ./configure
Try it this way, do the change in configure.in run autogen.sh (this will re-create and run ./configure. then make, make install
ilias

Post by ilias »

gunnar wrote:
ilias wrote:After editing configure.in i run make uninstall (and deleted everything in ./bygfoot except some savegames) then ./configure
Try it this way, do the change in configure.in run autogen.sh (this will re-create and run ./configure. then make, make install
Thanks gunnar. I followed your instructions and everything seems to be ok now.