Greek translation

Topics about translating Bygfoot

Moderator: romihaitza

ilias

Greek translation

Post by ilias »

Hi to all. I' am doing the greek translation.
I started at the begining of the month and i hope that i will finish at the end of the week. Until now i have 663 translated messages, 52 fuzzy translations, 40 untranslated messages.
romihaitza
Translation Manager

Post by romihaitza »

Thank you for starting the project translation. I am looking forward to hearing from you.
All the bests,
ilias

Post by ilias »

Hi. In SVN i see a file lg_commentary _gr.xml. Is lg_commentary translated to greek;
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

I don't remember how it got there, but it seems we do have a Greek commentary :-) You can have a look at it and check for errors and extend it, if you want.
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
ilias

Post by ilias »

I have finished with the translation of bygfoot.po but i can't test it. I downloaded Bygfoot from the SVN, i installed it correctly but i can't see the translation. I made the steps as described here but greek aren't there (even at the preferences). Hopefully while i was translating i had Bygfoot open to see the messages i was translating. Send it anyway?
romihaitza
Translation Manager

Post by romihaitza »

Yep, you need to send it to us and we'll put into SVN then you will be able to test into the svn version of the game.

If you are under Windows I can send you the appropiate file that you need to change in order to get Greek working.
All the bests,
ilias

Post by ilias »

Ok. I' ll send it.
I' dont have Windows.
romihaitza
Translation Manager

Post by romihaitza »

Thank you very much for your great work.

Greek committed to the SVN reposistory.

Tested under Windows and working fine.
All the bests,
ilias

Post by ilias »

I installed Bygfoot from the SVN. The translation seems to be OK (except perhaps 1-2 minor mistakes- e.g "skill 90" i translated it without the space).

Question. : in this menu (src/interface.c:396
555 msgid "F_igures") i translated it with the underscore. In Bygfoot the underscore is not shown however it's working like it has in the point where i put it in translating.
You can see it easily. If you choose greek at the preferences, where in english is Figures (3rd menu on the left), in greek is a word without underscores but ALT-M is working like i have an underscore in the greek equivalent of the letter m. Is this a bug;
romihaitza
Translation Manager

Post by romihaitza »

No, it is working with the shortcut of the letter you put the underscore on. As you might have greek letters, it will work with combination of Alt and your greek letter.

It is preferable to check it in order to have a letter assigned only once.
All the bests,
ilias

Post by ilias »

The problem is that the underscore in this word is not shown but the shortcut is working. It happens only in this word, the others are ok.
ilias

Post by ilias »

I translated also the newsfile. I installed again Bygfoot with news_el.xml but at start it prints a
warning:
** (bygfoot:16378): WARNING **: xml_news_read: error parsing
file /home/elias/trunk/support_files/news/news_el.xml
It has also a warning in greek. It says that: error at line 1, char 1.
The document must start with an element (for example <book>).

Bygfoot works fine but it hasn't greek news.

P.S I found the error. THe name of the file has to be changed to news_gr.xml. The warnings are not there anymore but Bygfoot works (i started a new game) without greek news (it has english news)
ilias

Post by ilias »

I downloaded Bygfoot from the SVN, i installed it again and
everything is working fine.
romihaitza
Translation Manager

Post by romihaitza »

Just a correction, nobody needs to change the name of the news file.
All the bests,
ilias

Post by ilias »

romihaitza wrote:Just a correction, nobody needs to change the name of the news file.
Yes. The name of the file was correct. There was simply a small mistake in it. It was corrected and everything is fine now. Sorry not to mention it there.