Cleanup

Here we can talk about the forum itself.
Jeffrey

Cleanup

Post by Jeffrey »

Should we clean up the todo list. It looks like there is still a lot of old stuff out there.
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

Yes and we should actually remove the todo, feature and bugtracker list from our forums. It's a pain for me to maintain. I want to switch back to the sourceforge trackers. But I don't have much spare time for the moment.
Jeffrey

time

Post by Jeffrey »

i don't have much time myself but would be happy to help where ever i can.
Jeffrey

SWITCH

Post by Jeffrey »

How can we do the switch to the tracker on SF? I can help if you need it.
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

I suppose we'd re-activate the disabled trackers on the sf.net project site and move (ie, copy-paste) those posts that we deem relevant there. Do you have a sourceforge username? I'll add you to the Bygfoot team and after discussing the process with Gunnar you could do it.
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

Like Gyözö said, help is welcome as I'm rather busy at the moment. Send your sourceforge userid to gyboth[at]bygfoot[dot]com or gunnar[at]bygfoot[dot]com
Jeffrey

SF

Post by Jeffrey »

I think the trackers are live at SF. I tested adding one of my feature requests. I think we just need to put a note on this page to put all new features requests, bugs, etc at SF. Then after some time we can just remove the sections on this website. I can then move the todo list to SF. I guess I have to do it manually with copy and paste, right?
Jeffrey

SF

Post by Jeffrey »

I can also move the other outstanding recent feature requests to SF. We can ask people to repost features on SF if something did not get copied.

So to copy is there a standard we want to follow or should I just copy the whole thread over. I will copy a test on now and let me know if you guys like it or have any suggestions.
Jeffrey

Team Moral Feature

Post by Jeffrey »

Take a look at team moral/play feature I ported to SF. Give me feedbakc and lets come up with a standard before I move more.
Jeffrey

SF

Post by Jeffrey »

We can actually have a link from this forum back to SF when we finish the migration. I saw other projects doing this.
gyboth
Site Admin

Re: Team Moral Feature

Post by gyboth »

Jeffrey wrote:Take a look at team moral/play feature I ported to SF. Give me feedbakc and lets come up with a standard before I move more.
Looks good to me, except for the additional forum info that got copied and that's superfluous (Skype, Jabber, Location, Forum rank).
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

I think we should also move the rest of the comments to the tracker (I mean the response of gyözo/me and counter response) A link to the phpbb message should be good as well though (and probably better)

We should start moving everything as soon as possible. It's going to be a lot of work though. But I'll be helping a bit.
Jeffrey

ADDED ANOTHER ONE

Post by Jeffrey »

Added another one with a link. I think copying and pasting the whole thread makes sense. Please confirm. Also we shoudl post a warning saying that in a few weeks time the feature list will shut down here and be moved to SF. We could leave PHPBB as read only and have all new ones be recorded in SF. We could then work on moving everything over.

We could also then move section by seciton, features firts then bugs, etc./
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

The one with the link you sent is ideal. It keeps the whole comment thread without the copy pasting (which might lose formatting, who said what, ...). The forum sections will be put on read-only. I would even do this before migrating. I would only do feature and bugs on the sourceforge tracker. A todo list is not necessary when using the trackers. Help requests I would keep on the forums too.
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

The links can't be made clickable, though, can they?