TEAM COLORS

You can add your ideas on how to make Bygfoot better here.
Jeffrey

TEAM COLORS

Post by Jeffrey »

It would be nice to have the team colors instead of country flag for each team.
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

That's already possible, though a lot of work, via team definition files (see http://bygfoot.sourceforge.net/doc/1.9/ ... .html#toc4).

I don't think we can just go and use the official badges in the releases, though.

And would you mind not using all caps in your post subjects? They're really shouting at you when you look at the list of posts.
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
Jeffrey

ok

Post by Jeffrey »

sorry about the caps. OK i will look into the definitions file and try to update some of the team colors when i get a chance. I can send any work i do to you so it can be used in the future versions.
Jeffrey

team colors

Post by Jeffrey »

once the colors are changed where would it show? I see the country flag in the tables. I was thinking that all teams colors would show up in the tables and maybe on all other places when the system says that teams are playing.
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

The team symbol is only used in international fixtures and tables. Since most teams don't have individual symbols in the game, only the flag of their country, it wouldn't make sense to use it in national competitions, since all the teams would have the same symbol.
Jeffrey

team colors

Post by Jeffrey »

I was thinking that team colors wold show for all teams not just the team you are playing.
gyboth
Site Admin

Re: team colors

Post by gyboth »

Jeffrey wrote:I was thinking that team colors wold show for all teams not just the team you are playing.
I'm not sure what you mean. Can you give me an example?
Jeffrey

Team colors

Post by Jeffrey »

Team colors should show on the bar next to your team name on the main screen (after the playing style, and boost toggles).

The opposing team colors should show on the home page when it shows your next opponent. Would also be good to show the records of the opposing team as well as the team you own again on the top bar (not sure if there is enough real estate)

Then on the tables screen each team colors should be next to the team name.

Finally on the results pages team colors should be displayed next to the team.
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

Not a bad idea, but it really makes only sense when we have enough individual team symbols. Otherwise we'd have just flags everywhere, and for league games always the same flag.
Jeffrey

team colors

Post by Jeffrey »

I will try to create colors for US league and others time permitting so we can test. We should try to find out if others are interested to find people to help do other leagues. Once we hit critical mass we could release.

I first need to learn how to create colors.

I also think it makes sense to have country flag and team colors and not have just one (team colors replacing flag). So maybe in the back end we could create another placeholder for team colors and separate the two (flag and team colors).
gyboth
Site Admin

Re: team colors

Post by gyboth »

Jeffrey wrote:I also think it makes sense to have country flag and team colors and not have just one (team colors replacing flag). So maybe in the back end we could create another placeholder for team colors and separate the two (flag and team colors).
Another nice idea, however I forgot to mention one additional obstacle. I don't think the team badges are public domain (or whatever the legally correct expression would be). I don't believe we can use them without a license in official releases.
mikekchar

Post by mikekchar »

Yes, the logos and such are trademarked. Since (unlike copyright) there is no expiry of trademarks (as long as they are renewed), even very old badges would not be able to be used.

One thing I would love to see in a related note would be team colors in the live match. You could pick a foreground and background for home games, and the same for away games. The computer controlled teams could be something neutral (possibly picked by the player). It would make my team stand out even when I'm playing at 3 in the morning...
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

Colors for what? I mean, it's not like you really see the teams, or the players, so I don't know what parts of the live game window you'd like to color.
mikekchar

Post by mikekchar »

Sorry to take so long to respond.

What I meant was that in the live game commentary that the text be printed using foreground and background colors of your choice. It's just a silly little feature. If you are a Man U fan then white text on a red background for home games and blue text on a white background for away games. When you have possession, the commentary would be printed using those colors.

Not a big deal, but probably pretty easy to implement.
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

mikekchar wrote:Not a big deal, but probably pretty easy to implement.
It's not hard, but involves a couple of things like adding a color selection to the options window and user config files, and adjusting the live game itself; so, if this request isn't backed by other users or Gunnar doesn't take it up, it'll stay on the wishlist for now.