Player selection for national teams

You can add your ideas on how to make Bygfoot better here.
tommasi

Player selection for national teams

Post by tommasi »

Just a thought that would add to the realism of the game. When you become a national team coach (or switch from a club to a national squad), you always get a fixed list of players. Would it be in any way possible to extend that, e.g. have like 30 players to choose from, and among them, there shouldn't be any enormous deviations between the players' talents? You'd pick 18 for each international match (and could then make changes during the qualifiers), and then a 23-man squad for an international tournament (which you couldn't change during the tournament, of course). But for the qualifiers, when players get suspensions, injuries etc., there should be replacements available. To me, it's happened numerous times that I've got an incredibly short bench for a crucial match, when there are so many injuries and suspensions too.

About the players' talents, the last time I was coaching a national team (Spain), most of the players were in the 75-85 range, as expected, but then there were some ridiculously poor players, around 60 or so. With such a small squad, it shouldn't be possible, especially w/ a strong country whose average talent's way over 8000.
romihaitza
Translation Manager

Post by romihaitza »

Also maybe a notice for the team coach (when playing with teams) if your player(s) were selected for the national team (randomly generated).
All the bests,
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

Without giving it a lot of thought, and without checking with the source code, I don't think this can be done currently. The supernational defs are just an afterthought to the usual country defs, the game is wired for national definitions.
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
romihaitza
Translation Manager

Post by romihaitza »

But the second thing for the managers can be done. It is just a notice appearing from time to time (if the players are good).
All the bests,