Update bug and feature status

You can add your ideas on how to make Bygfoot better here.
arnaudus

Update bug and feature status

Post by arnaudus »

By the way, this is a very-easy-to-implement thing: there is no follow-up of bug reports nor wishlist. When someones reports a bug, a developer generally answers something like "it is indeed a bug", and that's it: nobody never close the bug. It is annoying, because there is no way to know if the bug has been fixed, if downloading the new version will help or not, etc. I agree that a forum is not extremely convenient for this (but the size of the project is probably small enough to keep the forum), but my suggestion is to edit the titles of the threads according to the status. In general, there are two important pieces of information to communicate:

1) How important the bug is: [Wishlist], [Minor], [Normal], [Critical]
2) The bug status: [Need information] [Invalid/Not a bug], [Won't fix], [Confirmed], [In progress], [Fixed]

The good thing is that only moderators can edit bug titles, so it's cool: you gyus (developers) have to decide about the status of the bugs and tag them accordingly.

A similar issue is the follow-up to feature wishlist. In general, there is one or two comments such as "not very convincing", "good idea", etc, but no way to know exactly what is going to happen with the idea. The same "title editing" can be done, something like [Won't implement], [Moved to the todo list], [Implemented] will give a clear picture of the progress in implementing new ideas.
Last edited by arnaudus on Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

I'll try to do this from now on, but I'm thinking of switching back to the sourceforge bugtracker. For my own ease.