whats wrong?

General help forum. You can post here if you have trouble installing, for instance.
jithin

whats wrong?

Post by jithin »

hi,
i start with boro who had an average skill of around 85% and i won the premier league,reached the final of champs leage,fa, and league cups.
and won the national supercup!

then next season i bought in a few players and sold some othere and now my avg skill is about 92 and i rotate them often so that they are 100% fit all the time.

but in my new season i'm losing all my matches even to teams which have avg skill of only 65 and now i am in relegation zone!

i've lost 8 matches in a row!i'm supposed to get better but what is all this?
how the hell does this happen?whats the logic behind it?
ircarrascal
definitions team

Post by ircarrascal »

ditto ... this is happening to me right now. won top league with 33 wins and 1 tie and now after 6 games i have zero points and one goal scored. does this has to do with the "luck" feature i saw somewhere, maybe it needs adjustment.
chunter
definitions team

Post by chunter »

The game is designed to get more difficult as you play, so that once you have a game that is ten seasons old it is very difficult to stay consistent (and it will have you wanting to look at the "jobs" page)

I think the strongest game I ever had was coaching Barca (my -second- team) for about 12 years, in version 1.8 or 1.9. Had a lot of 18 year old players with high numbers and long contracts.
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

Hi,

it probably is the luck factor. You can fine tune it by changing the values of the following constants in bygfoot_constants (which is somewhere in /usr/share/bygfoot/support_files or ./support_files, depending on the version you have):

Code: Select all

# how much the user's luck deteriorates if he
# becomes champion
float_season_end_user_champ_luck_factor 97500

# how much it regenerates if he's not champ
float_season_end_user_champ_luck_factor_regen 101000

# lower limit for the user's luck
float_luck_limit  90000
You either have to restart Bygfoot for the changes to take effect or reload the constants file in the Preferences.

Gyözö
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.