meet gyboth, dipl. math.

Anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
gyboth
Site Admin

meet gyboth, dipl. math.

Post by gyboth »

i passed my last exam today Image now i'm a diploma mathematician Image

the first exam (of 3 overall within the last weeks) went rather bad (i passed, of course, but the mark was very mediocre), but the last two exams and the two marks i got for my diploma thesis were fine :-)

of course this also means i'll have more time for Bygfoot in the next few weeks, so i guess 1.9.3 will get released in 10-14 days (if everything goes well).

gyözö

p.s.: some emoticons borrowed from the elder scrolls forum (oblivion is a game i'm anticipating very much ;-))
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
atd

Post by atd »

Congratulations!

Finally all bugs can be solved :)
attack is the best way to defend ~~ Arne Deprez
-----------------
"De omnis Belgae fortissimi sunt."(Of all these, the Belgians are the bravest.) ~~ Julius Caesar
dylansmrjones

WTF

Post by dylansmrjones »

is a diploma mathemagician for something? :P
---copyright is no right---
gyboth
Site Admin

Re: WTF

Post by gyboth »

dylansmrjones wrote:is a diploma mathemagician for something? :P
sure. diploma mathematicians are perfect as supervisors/managers for coders, since they can think logically and see the big picture ;-)

barnsley! - yes, sir? - still not done with that method? - err... i've had some bugs sir... - i give you one more week! - yes, sir! thank you sir!

:lol:

gyözö
geri

Congratulations

Post by geri »

You know, you are my only relative with an academic title...
So let me think about how to treat you in future :twisted:
gnupg public key = 1024D/9D4CF7CE
Gerhard Hotz <gerhard_hotz@arcor.de>
Fingerprint = 4A70 D7AB 2538 565B D620 EE47 E3B1 3DAF 9D4C F7CE
dylansmrjones

Re: WTF

Post by dylansmrjones »

gyboth wrote:sure. diploma mathematicians are perfect as supervisors/managers for coders, since they can think logically and see the big picture ;-)
I feel somewhat offended ;)
gyboth wrote:barnsley! - yes, sir? - still not done with that method? - err... i've had some bugs sir... - i give you one more week! - yes, sir! thank you sir!
In your dreams :lol:
---copyright is no right---
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

Congatulations :D . Now you have the time, you shouldn't forget to incorpaorate my changes for the zip files :wink:
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

don't worry, i haven't forgotten. i'm just a bit doubtful whether it's a change worth making. more specifically, does the advantage of having the game work flawlessly on win98 (which isn't very wide-spread nowadays) outweigh the disadvantage of a more complicated compression system?

do you have an icq or jabber account? it'd be nice if we could discuss about this more directly.

my jabber account is given in my signature; click on the icq button below to see my icq number.

gyözö
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

Sorry, I don't use jabber, icq or similar. I'm at work at the moment, I have no time to surf in the evening.

Maybe you're right. It should go well if your command line tool can contain around 2000 characters (save called 1.zip). Most Unixes and windows should be able to cope with that. There is only 1 Unix (tru64-which will not be used a lot to run bygfoot I suppose) I know of that has also problems with too many parameters (I don't know how many characters it can take). Windows XP can carry up to 8000+ characters in the command prompt, so you should be save there.

As long no one wants to port to handheld systems that is ;-)
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

what i can promise is this: the instant i receive a second bug report about this, we'll switch to your implementation ;-)

in the meantime, you should really update to some nice new shiny linux distro -- suse 10 got released recently, as well as ubuntu breezy :-)

gyözö
mom2pp

Post by mom2pp »

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Haven't u people ever heard of closing a goddam door?
Oki

Post by Oki »

Congratulations! Master Mister Doctor gyboth! :-D
celsogoya@jabber.org