1.9.2 Windows version doesn't save

Here you can... report bugs. Open a new thread for each bug, please.
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

There is a library at http://www.winimage.com/zLibDll/minizip.html that can be included. It uses zlib and can be used as basis for your implementation
GeoVah

Post by GeoVah »

This library don't seems up to date nor maintained (latest version is one year old).

If i understand the aim of minizip, it's to deal with multiple file due to zlib only deals with one file (gzip method) ?

More over it appears it is not a standard package in linux :
http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/searc ... mit=Search+...

I think we must only use "standard" linux package in order to deal all linux version (from debien to suse with gentoo)
Geovah - geovah@jabber.sk- (yes i'm french...)
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

There are 2 projects that I know use this library (pentagram and exult), but they don't use it as a package. The code is just included into their source. So in that case you're not becoming dependant upon another lib.

You could also integrate parts of info-zip into your code. The BSD license should allow that
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

well, if we include exterior sources, we could just as well go with the zlib example. we'd just have to figure out how to put (append) all files into one stream (maybe it's trivial, and i'm the only one who doesn't know; i'm not very good at programming :-P).

however, this (and any other built-in compression solution) would have the disadvantage that we wouldn't be able to check save file contents by simply unzipping them (i sometimes have to do it when hunting bugs).

gyözö
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.

Post by Guest »

gyboth wrote:however, this (and any other built-in compression solution) would have the disadvantage that we wouldn't be able to check save file contents by simply unzipping them (i sometimes have to do it when hunting bugs).
gyözö
That's why I proposed above packages as both are compatible with the regular zip files. (you now use the compiled info-zip)
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

Anonymous wrote:
gyboth wrote:however, this (and any other built-in compression solution) would have the disadvantage that we wouldn't be able to check save file contents by simply unzipping them (i sometimes have to do it when hunting bugs).
gyözö
That's why I proposed above packages as both are compatible with the regular zip files. (you now use the compiled info-zip)
Strange I asked to always log me in automatically, but apparently it doesn't always do that. The last post was mine btw
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

the perfect solution just came to my mind: install winXP instead of win98! ;-)

gyözö

ps. just kidding :lol: of course it would be better if the game worked on older systems, too.
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

gyboth wrote:the perfect solution just came to my mind: install winXP instead of win98! ;-)
Nah, I'd rather upgrade my version of Suse and wipe the whole win thingie, but as I have wife and kids I don't have much time. Plus, I'm on smallband (and I'm not planning on changing that soon)
GeoVah

Post by GeoVah »

gyboth wrote:the perfect solution just came to my mind: install winXP instead of win98! ;-)

gyözö

ps. just kidding :lol: of course it would be better if the game worked on older systems, too.
Or maybe this system : http://www.maemo.org/screenshots.html

It's the latest nokia tablet pc, seems to work with GTK+ :P
Geovah - geovah@jabber.sk- (yes i'm french...)
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

gunnar wrote:Nah, I'd rather upgrade my version of Suse and wipe the whole win thingie, but as I have wife and kids I don't have much time. Plus, I'm on smallband (and I'm not planning on changing that soon)
how about ubuntu? you can have cds shipped to you for free, so no downloading required.
disadvantages: i don't know how long it takes until the cds arrive; and ubuntu is a rather online-repository-oriented distro, so i'm not sure how well it works when one only has the cds.

suse is free lately, too, but you need to have fast internet access somewhere (at your office? at uni?) to download the iso(s).

gyözö