1.9.2 release icons

New icons and similar things are discussed here.
vector

1.9.2 release icons

Post by vector »

well patchy status or not you should give me a list of icon wanna's
so list away :lol:
"There are two ways to score. Dribble it over the line or smash it into the back of the net."
What type are you?
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

here we go:
  • there are tons of new flags because of the WC 2006 definition, and also a new def for the netherlands. this is LOW priority, but if it's a simple and quick job, you could 'beautify' the flags (adding that nice vector-frame)
  • there's a new feature called 'season results', showing your matches of the season chronologically; a menu icon would be nice (i took the fixtures icon for the time being)
  • the menu entry 'player->move to YA' doesn't have an icon, i think (i guess we can take the 'team->YA' icon, too)
  • there's an option 'save window geometry' that saves the window position, size and the vertical divider position; i've taken a simple 'save' disc icon for this, but maybe you've got a better idea.
  • last, but not least: the WC2006 definition could do with a few regional icons. the cup icon i found seems fine, but the qualifying areas should have separate icons; my idea is to have a globe showing (maybe highlighted, too) the different areas: europe, oceania, s. america, n. america + caribbeans, africa, asia)
that's it, i think ;-)

gyözö
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

oh, and there was a problem with the commentary:
http://bygfoot.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/v ... .php?t=480

i think the problem is you used _T_POSS__ instead of _TT_?

gyözö
vector

Post by vector »

righto there is a bit todo.. so far your out of luck. the weather is holding here and remaing clear so its caravan hacking while the sun shines at the mo.

ok on the comm bug.. im suprised they didnt find a few more.. cause there were a few.
im cvs now and then ill update with my latest comm_en file
"There are two ways to score. Dribble it over the line or smash it into the back of the net."
What type are you?
vector

Post by vector »

Move to Youth accademy
save window geometry :?
season results
What type are you?
vector

Post by vector »

last, but not least: the WC2006 definition could do with a few regional icons. the cup icon i found seems fine, but the qualifying areas should have separate icons; my idea is to have a globe showing (maybe highlighted, too) the different areas: europe, oceania, s. america, n. america + caribbeans, africa, asia)
ok not sure about the globe for a few reasons ..ill do a flat map first then see if we want to try something else

question now is what countries are in what zone... I guess ill have to get them off the defs we will see

balsted small problems again!!
here is africa.. at 20 pix wide its a jungle :cry:
at 40 its not bad

or in red
20pix on globe
What type are you?
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

vector wrote:Move to Youth accademy
this one's great. could i have the same with the arrow pointing the opposite direction? (move to team from YA)
save window geometry :?
uhm.... i don't really see a relation between this icon and window geometries :roll:
season results
nice one.
vector wrote:question now is what countries are in what zone... I guess ill have to get them off the defs we will see
i don't get this. why is this an issue? we don't need icons for all countries, of course, only for the 6 regions: africa, asia, europe, south america, north america + caribbean and oceania. the only thing that could be done for the individual countries is to make that grey frame around their flags, but you don't need their names or federations for that.
or in red
this is the best, i think. for the tables view it's a bit too big, but in the fixtures it looks great, so let's keep it.

gyözö
vector

Post by vector »

ok we have
africa
asia
europe
south america
north america + caribbean
oceania

russia it seems is divided into asia and europe(geographicly map wise) but I think its in the Europe as far as football goes as you have it.
Let me know if the zones are correct

I looked at making globes like those found @
http://go.hrw.com/atlas/norm_htm/europe.htm
but they just dont contract well.. when small its just a blob
What type are you?
vector

Post by vector »

could i have the same with the arrow pointing the opposite direction? (move to team from YA)
like this :)
uhm.... i don't really see a relation between this icon and window geometries
nor could i really . i was trying to portray lots of windows(squares) but if you cant see that then its prob no good..hmm not sure what else to try. I looked thru soem software but no one really has a save geometry its always just assumed the window states are saved. So looking didnt help me.

question now is what countries are in what zone... I guess ill have to get them off the defs we will see
i don't get this. why is this an issue?
erm simple.. I didnt really know ..till now. what countries went into what zones.. well I mean I knew the main ones but wasnt sure of some boarderline dwelers.. like Russia for eg. or papa new guinea.. anyway I sorted them out... I think.... yeah ok too detailed maybe for you, once shrunk who can tell but hey it might matter to some :)
What type are you?
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

vector wrote:asia
europe
i'd say let's stick with the geographical borders. that's clearer for the user (at first sight i was rather surprised to see a large part of asia belong to europe, until i read your explanation). i'd say, make russia belong to asia colour-wise.
oceania
let's make those oceanian islands red, too (the dots northwest from ozzia).
vector wrote:
could i have the same with the arrow pointing the opposite direction? (move to team from YA)
like this :)
exactly. great :-)
uhm.... i don't really see a relation between this icon and window geometries
nor could i really . i was trying to portray lots of windows(squares) but if you cant see that then its prob no good..hmm not sure what else to try. I looked thru soem software but no one really has a save geometry its always just assumed the window states are saved. So looking didnt help me.
how about a square with four arrows going from the center to the borders (up, down, left, right)? like the arrows your mouse pointer becomes when you move a window?

gyözö
vector

Post by vector »

ok fixed i kinda cheated.
i made a european part of russia and the rest in asia. at least I think it looks better that way even if its not geographicly FIFA correct :)

let's make those oceanian islands red, too (the dots northwest from ozzia).
You trying to get me deported!! Im a coward, there are great debates going on here as to whey we are stuck in lowly oceania (mainly cause we have to face SAmericas to qualify. Im keeping my head down. the islands above Aus are Asia both in FIFA and geographic. The Oceania islands (too small to see :( are right of aus... you can just make out Newzealand?
any way in an effort to save my backside from deportation im leaving it as it is :)
Besides is makes a nice statement for the cause.
LOOK how big we are, we are equal to any other (land mass wise) why do we have to face off with SAmericas..who always beat us :lol:
how about a square with four arrows going from the center to the borders (up, down, left, right)? like the arrows your mouse pointer becomes when you move a window?
wasnt too clear so I tried this
or maybe this

you have no idea how frustrating it is when you shrink things. :x
the original on this has a full square but when shrunk it looses top and left side. sometimes if you just place it a little differently the top appears but the bottom or right disappears :evil:

anyway see what ya fink
What type are you?
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

vector wrote:ok fixed i kinda cheated.
i made a european part of russia and the rest in asia. at least I think it looks better that way even if its not geographicly FIFA correct :)
sorry... still not satisfied :roll: for me asia definitely goes northwards to the arctic ocean, not just the southern border of russia. have a look at this image:
this is what for me the continents look like and what they probably look like for most people. so, to make them recognise the areas at first sight, we should attempt to create the icons according to this 'partitioning scheme'.
The Oceania islands (too small to see :( are right of aus... you can just make out Newzealand?
any way in an effort to save my backside from deportation im leaving it as it is :)
oops... ignorant me ;-)
wasnt too clear so I tried this
or maybe this
sorry, moving windows looks different on your system maybe. i was imagining something like this:
do you recognise the icon you get when you move windows in MS windows? ie. you click on the window header, hold the mouse button and move the mouse. (maybe transparent looks better.)

sorry for being this special :roll:

gyözö
vector

Post by vector »

agh your just no fun no more, your getting fussy :)

no probs I understand.
It was a 50 - 50 wether to portray it geographicly or FIFA. your right people associate that part of Russia as Asia. I was trying to hard to re educate them

now fixed :)

and here is your window resize
ImageI finally got the lines lined up with the "invisible" barrier and they showed up when I shrunk it..phew :)
What type are you?
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

everything's perfect... gyözö happy :-D the window geometry icon in particular is wonderful.

now you can choose your next task: either work on your splash screen idea, or put some new penny photos online ;-)

oh, and the webpage header image needs a slight change:
it says ver. 1.8, but since the 1.8 branch is all but dead, it should rather read ver. 1.9.

gyözö
vector

Post by vector »

yeah been meaning to do that thanks for the reminder
What type are you?