I can't load saved games

Here you can... report bugs. Open a new thread for each bug, please.
spiegate7

I can't load saved games

Post by spiegate7 »

I play the game for about 5 hours and save the game by pressing "save as" and giving the name "spies premiership".Then, i turn off my computer.When I reopen it and rum FM2005 I go to "load game" and it doesn't show my save.As a file I can find it on my pc,but the game can't find it and load it
spiegate7

Post by spiegate7 »

ow,forgot.I use windows XP pro greek version
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

er... do you really try to load a Bygfoot save file with FM2005? that won't work, of course.

if you're trying to load with Bygfoot: does the file have a zip ending? ie. is it a zip file? Bygfoot savegames are zipped xml files.

gyözö
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
spiegate7

Post by spiegate7 »

no,the files ending is fm and it says that its type is winzip.I get nothin from that
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

if the file ending is fm, it isn't a Bygfoot save file and it is not surprising that you can't load it. you're probably trying to load an FM2005 save file with Bygfoot.

of course you can only load games in Bygfoot that you saved with Bygfoot.

gyözö
spiegate7

Post by spiegate7 »

yes,but the game itself saves its games to fm files.Anyway,can I somehow turn my fm file to a loadable file?Or how should I save my games at the future so I can be able to load them normally?
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

ok, let me try to summarize:

- you use the Bygfoot 1.9.1, windows package
- when saving a game, you get files like 'savegame.fm'
- loading such a file fails.

is this correct?

if it is, i don't know what it's all about. the 1.9.1 windows version should save files like 'savegame.arj' (i was wrong earlier, the 1.9.1 version still uses arj, not zip).

what about FM2005? why did you mention it? are you playing it and Bygfoot as well?

gyözö
spiegate7

Post by spiegate7 »

I found this forum while I was shearching at google for "football manager 2005" and I thought you were talking about that.So,its my fault.Sorry
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

ah, all is clear then :-)

gyözö