Debian Update

General help forum. You can post here if you have trouble installing, for instance.
Emil

Debian Update

Post by Emil »

Hi guys.
first, thanks.thanks that you remembered me the Eidos Championship Manager:D.Which i was playing last few years in windows.but its new features were bad...
Your game looks very very very good.and i just want to update it, but how??please help im really newbie in Debian...i was on Fedora until now.
Thanks and Thanks again.
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

if you don't have an earlier Bygfoot version installed, make sure you have an unstable source in your sources.list file (if you don't know what that is, you either shouldn't use debian or read a few howtos before installing ANYTHING); then you just call 'apt-get install bygfoot' and you should get the latest version (which is 1.9.1).

if you do have an earlier version, you do the same as above, but first remove the '.bygfoot-X' dir from your HOME dir, X being some version number (or maybe it's just .bygfoot).

post if you still have trouble.

gyözö
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
atd

Post by atd »

You can also build it from source. And it's also included in the testing sources.

Here is a short discription how to do it:
add the following lines to sources.list (/etc/apt/sources.list)

Code: Select all

deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ testing main
deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ testing-proposed-updates main 
It would be best if you set an # before all other lines (So you haven't 2 versions(stable and testing) of your programs).

Normally the testing sources are stable enough to use.

PS:You can use 'synaptic' (apt-get install synaptic) to install/remove/upgrade packages.
attack is the best way to defend ~~ Arne Deprez
-----------------
"De omnis Belgae fortissimi sunt."(Of all these, the Belgians are the bravest.) ~~ Julius Caesar