Official team names and team definitions in Windows

General help forum. You can post here if you have trouble installing, for instance.
strummsteel

Official team names and team definitions in Windows

Post by strummsteel »

I just installed this on my Windoze pc in the office. Harharhar, how do I update my windows version to include official player names and teams?

I guest I can figure the Linux version out at home.

lastly are the save files interchangeable between Linux and Windows?

Thanks in advance
gyboth
Site Admin

Re: Official team names and team definitions in Windows

Post by gyboth »

strummsteel wrote:I just installed this on my Windoze pc in the office. Harharhar, how do I update my windows version to include official player names and teams?
the update script is a bash script and uses unix-typical tools like patch and sed and perl, so it definitely doesn't work on windows :-( so you can't get official names for the windows version. not this way.
I guest I can figure the Linux version out at home.
now, after you got the official names (btw, don't expect too many player names, only 10 teams or so have a definition), you can simply pack your (patched) definitions dir (normally, $HOME/.bygfoot-1.9/definitions), and replace the directory support_files/definitions on your windows system with it. that should work.
lastly are the save files interchangeable between Linux and Windows?
yes and no. yes, because once the save file is unpacked, the contained files can be loaded by both versions. no, because on windows the files are arj-packed and on linux zip-packed (didn't find a nice small free zip packer for windows). so if you really really have to interchange files often, you best write a small script on linux to convert the archives.

gyözö
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
idcarlos

Post by idcarlos »

...the contained files can be loaded by both versions. no, because on windows the files are arj-packed and on linux zip-packed (didn't find a nice small free zip packer for windows). so if you really really have to interchange files often, you best write a small script on linux to convert the archives.
:idea: Go to Info-Zip project, this DLL is used in a many Open Source projects.
http://www.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/Zip.html
http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/ftp. ... ozip/MSDOS

Look also
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnuwin32

If I can compile this weendend the source code in windows, maybe I can try to change ARJ comman line to use one ZIP program.

Un saludo
Carlos Garces
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

the zip and unzip binaries from this project work fine (even without the dlls, i wonder why).
If I can compile this weendend the source code in windows, maybe I can try to change ARJ comman line to use one ZIP program.
you just have to replace the arj stuff in the support_files/bygfoot_constants file with the zip stuff (you can copy the zip stuff from the unix section of the file).

gyözö
idcarlos

Change compression in windows to ZIP

Post by idcarlos »

ZIP in windows mini HOW-TO
  • 2.-Edit the win32 section of support_files/bygfoot_constants, replace it with this code

Code: Select all

# commands for win32 filesystem interaction
    string_fs_compress_command_win32 zip
    string_fs_compress_switches_win32 -q
    string_fs_uncompress_command_win32 unzip
    string_fs_uncompress_switches_win32 -qq -o
    string_fs_copy_file_command_win32 copy
    string_fs_remove_file_command_win32 erase
    string_fs_save_suffix_win32 .zip
  • 3.-(Optional) Recompres the savegames in zip format if you need keep your games
  • 4.-(Optional) Edit save/last_save file
Note for developers. With this changes, maybe only neeed one section for ZIP commands.
Last edited by idcarlos on Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gyboth
Site Admin

Re: Change compression in windows to ZIP

Post by gyboth »

idcarlos wrote:Note for developers. With this changes, maybe only neeed one seccion for ZIP commands.
true, but let's wait a bit and see whether the zip stuff works without problems on windows (it does, most probably).

btw, didn't you forget the ´ on sección? ;-) or did you forget the t in section :lol:

gyözö
idcarlos

Post by idcarlos »

btw, didn't you forget the ´ on sección? Wink or did you forget the t in section :lol:
Sorry!, my Spanglish... :oops:

I'm saving/loading .ZIP games without problems in WindowsXP

Send me a mail at carlos-garces usa.net if you need test something under windows.

Un saludo
Carlos Garcés
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

idcarlos wrote:I'm saving/loading .ZIP games without problems in WindowsXP
as expected.
Send me a mail at carlos-garces usa.net if you need test something under windows.
you could have a look if you can reproduce this bug:
http://bygfoot.sourceforge.net/forum/vi ... =2446#2446

the poster didn't give any information other than 'crash!', unfortunately :-P let's hope he answers my follow-up.

gyözö