Splash Screen

New icons and similar things are discussed here.
vector

Splash Screen

Post by vector »

not a new feature!! :)
I noticed on my laptop that there is a fair delay sometimes between starting bygfoot and seeing the first screen appear. this is due to the setup when its a fresh install.

Anyway point was wouldnt it be nice to have a splash screen!
mentioned b4 i think. A nice way to rock in the 1.9. i can just make it a simple jpg or png for now.

Point is if I make one can you..would you ;) code it at the front ? so that its the first thing bygfoot does and then disappears when the app is set up. (this will probably be milliseconds on a real machine so maybe a brief delay will be needed. say 1sec. Ill make it the same size as the current front screen?
"There are two ways to score. Dribble it over the line or smash it into the back of the net."
What type are you?
gyboth
Site Admin

Re: Splash Screen

Post by gyboth »

vector wrote:Point is if I make one can you..would you ;) code it at the front ? so that its the first thing bygfoot does and then disappears when the app is set up. (this will probably be milliseconds on a real machine so maybe a brief delay will be needed. say 1sec. Ill make it the same size as the current front screen?
of course i code it. or mark does, if he has the time. but since 1.9.1 is feature frozen, it'll be done for 1.9.2 only.

gyözö
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
gyboth
Site Admin

Re: Splash Screen

Post by gyboth »

vector wrote:Point is if I make one can you..would you ;) code it at the front ? so that its the first thing bygfoot does and then disappears when the app is set up. (this will probably be milliseconds on a real machine so maybe a brief delay will be needed. say 1sec. Ill make it the same size as the current front screen?
of course i code it. or mark does, if he has the time. but since 1.9.1 is feature frozen, it'll be done for 1.9.2 only.

gyözö
vector

Post by vector »

ok in that case Ill let it pass for a while ,, maybe while im on hols ;)
"There are two ways to score. Dribble it over the line or smash it into the back of the net."
What type are you?
vector

Post by vector »

ok I need some info from you first.
whats size do we have? I expect it to be the same size and shape as the current first screen? the pick your team screen.
So what size is that? Once I have the aspect ratio/ screen proportions. I can start thinking about what to do.

It would also be nice to know what sorts of images we can embed in the front screen... Ill do a simple splash screen at first but Im envisioning in the future something may be animated or scrolling down with credits etc ?
What type are you?
dylansmrjones

Well

Post by dylansmrjones »

Just remember to make it configurable whether or not to show the splash screen :wink:

I might become like -> :twisted: if I can't get rid of a splash screen :P
---copyright is no right---
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

vector wrote:ok I need some info from you first.
whats size do we have? I expect it to be the same size and shape as the current first screen? the pick your team screen.
So what size is that? Once I have the aspect ratio/ screen proportions. I can start thinking about what to do.
the startup window is HxW 600x550, but the splash may be bigger or smaller. as a user i wouldn't care much if it was, at least.
It would also be nice to know what sorts of images we can embed in the front screen... Ill do a simple splash screen at first but Im envisioning in the future something may be animated or scrolling down with credits etc ?
i think we can go with png for static images and gif for animated. gtk supports those two.
dylansmrjones wrote:Just remember to make it configurable whether or not to show the splash screen :wink:
sure :-) i'm also thinking about having the splash only at first startup, when some files get copied to the user's home dir.

gyözö
vector

Post by vector »

dylansmrjones wrote:
Just remember to make it configurable whether or not to show the splash screen Wink
gyboth wrote:
sure Smile i'm also thinking about having the splash only at first startup, when some files get copied to the user's home dir.
yes that was the initial intention.
of course it could become such a masterpiece that youd all want it as your wallpaper too :roll:

/me is dreaming again
What type are you?
dylansmrjones

Ooooh... a wallpaper ;)

Post by dylansmrjones »

vector wrote: of course it could become such a masterpiece that youd all want it as your wallpaper too :roll:

/me is dreaming again
Well, why not. It could be cool. And the artwork in Bygfoot is quite good.
---copyright is no right---