E-mail client

Anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.

What E-mail client do you use?

Mozilla Thunderbird
70%
Mozilla (Suite)
10%
Cronocii
No votes
eGroupWare
No votes
Other (Which one?)
No votes
Pine or Mutt
No votes
KMail
10%
Evolution
No votes
Sylpheed(-Claws)
10%

Total votes: 10

atd

E-mail client

Post by atd »

Here are I'm again :lol:
What e-mail client do you use?

I use Mozilla Thunderbird

Sorry for the less e-mail clients I now :oops:

gyboth: don't worry, i've added a few more.
attack is the best way to defend ~~ Arne Deprez
-----------------
"De omnis Belgae fortissimi sunt."(Of all these, the Belgians are the bravest.) ~~ Julius Caesar
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

i used to use pine, which is a console client. it's fast and easy to use, but ultimately it's a bit boring without graphics.

then i switched to kmail, which is a typical kde program (although it works with other windowmanagers, too, as long as one has the kdelibs stuff installed): nice graphics, easy to use and configure, but bloated and SLOW (i wonder whether these attributes apply to mozilla as well, never tried it).

now i use sylpheed, which is graphical but isn't as stylish as kmail; on the other hand it's fast and powerful (unfortunately the gtk2-version got a bit slower compared to the gtk1-version, but i guess that's just the way it is :-P).

gyözö
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
atd

Post by atd »

Do you have tried Thunderbird?
-----------------
"De omnis Belgae fortissimi sunt."(Of all these, the Belgians are the bravest.) ~~ Julius Caesar
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

atd wrote:Do you have tried Thunderbird?
no. i heard it's outlook-like, and i don't like outlook. is it slow and bloated? (the question is, can you really judge whether it's slow if you've got a 4Ghz CPU? ;-))

gyözö
atd

Post by atd »

gyboth wrote:
atd wrote:Do you have tried Thunderbird?
no. i heard it's outlook-like, and i don't like outlook. is it slow and bloated?
I think it isn't more outlook-like than Sylpheed (I just tried it), but I'm not an outlook expert :wink: Thunderbird is a bit slow but maybe not on your 4Ghz CPU.
qyboth wrote:the question is, can you really judge whether it's slow if you've got a 4Ghz CPU? ;-)
I (and my brother) have just a 1 Ghz CPU :oops:.
-----------------
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

atd wrote:Thunderbird is a bit slow but maybe not on your 4Ghz CPU.
qyboth wrote:the question is, can you really judge whether it's slow if you've got a 4Ghz CPU? ;-)
I (and my brother) have just a 1 Ghz CPU :oops:.
see, if it's a bit slow on your 1Ghz CPU, it'll be crawling on the 333 MHz CPU i'm forced to use currently. at home i have a 2GHz, but i think i'm going to stick with sylpheed ;-)

gyözö
T!M

Post by T!M »

i use thunderbird
geri

Post by geri »

At the moment I use Thunderbird. It´s not at all otlook-like, i should remark if you don´t mind. The only outlook-like email client i know working on linux is evolution. I never liked it. Well, in fact there are very few email clients i really liked when i was trying (This includes Sylpheed too). I have used mutt for a quite long time and i am seriously attempted to switch back to it. ´Couse all mail clients suck! Mutt just sucks a little bit less.