Windows port done!

The developers will post here to let you peek into future versions and announce new releases.

Moderator: idcarlos

gyboth
Site Admin

Windows port done!

Post by gyboth »

simon binns managed to port the current version natively to windows. he had to tweak the source code a lot, but after he wrote me we managed to adapt the code so that no tweaking is necessary anymore and bygfoot can be compiled on both platforms without problems. future releases will include a precompiled windows version.

i've uploaded a windows port of the current cvs version (don't get fooled by the version number 1.9.1); it'd be great if anyone could download and test it and report bugs and problems.

you can find the package here. you'll also need the GTK+2 runtime environment for windows, which you can get here.

after installing the GTK RE, you can just unpack the bygfoot package (it's a self-extracting executable) and run the bygfoot.exe file. everything should work just like under linux afterwards.

have fun and feed back ;-)

gyözö
Last edited by gyboth on Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
vector

Post by vector »

installed no probs (im allready running gtk)
german instal windows was navagatable even for us english speakers :)

Auto player structure dosent seem to work.
ie if i move a fwd into a mid position I end up with a fwd playing as a midfielder.
IF you manually change the structure and resort its ok
otherwise so far the basics at least appear fine.
I have tried live game on and off, youth transfers and player transfers

I did notice that when you say do a transfer or get a dialog up which normally greys out the background text.. that text actually disappears.

chips will be wrapped!! :lol:
heaps easier than trying the cygwin way
WELL DONE
"There are two ways to score. Dribble it over the line or smash it into the back of the net."
What type are you?
atd

Post by atd »

vector wrote:Auto player structure dosent seem to work.
It also don't work in the CVS (for GNU/Linux).
attack is the best way to defend ~~ Arne Deprez
-----------------
"De omnis Belgae fortissimi sunt."(Of all these, the Belgians are the bravest.) ~~ Julius Caesar
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

atd wrote:
vector wrote:Auto player structure dosent seem to work.
It also don't work in the CVS (for GNU/Linux).
yeah, i broke something (not related to the port).

should be working now, i think. actually i corrected it yesterday evening.

gyözö
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

simon managed to add i18n support, too :-) now you can switch languages just like with the linux version.

the package got bigger because of some dlls we need. get it from here:

http://bygfoot.sourceforge.net/packages ... 1-win2.exe

gyözö
atd

Post by atd »

I hope that this won't make the same problems as on the wesnoth forum (Is the windows version already released? :lol: )
attack is the best way to defend ~~ Arne Deprez
-----------------
"De omnis Belgae fortissimi sunt."(Of all these, the Belgians are the bravest.) ~~ Julius Caesar
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

atd wrote:I hope that this won't make the same problems as on the wesnoth forum (Is the windows version already released? :lol: )
hehe :-) well, the more users the better, even if they complain.

but i'm planning to release versions for all platforms simultaneusly (if simon is available at release time, that is), so i hope we won't have posts like that on this forum ;-)

gyözö

Post by Guest »

Hmm. I'm using the Windows port and I'm having issues with the save files.

The first time everything saves correctly in a filename of choice (mine is "jvz.zip"). But after loading that file once, the file just disappears and any attempts to save the game under the same or a different filename don't produce a file in the save directory.

Thanks

Post by Guest »

Never mind. I fixed it.

I don't know the source of the problem, but if you load a file in the saves directory, it won't re-save. You have to move it out of the saves directory before loading. Or better yet, just don't save it in the saves directory. Although I'm not sure if the problem is with the saves directory or with any directory other than the bygfoot root directory. I would recommend just saving in the bygfoot root directory.
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

Anonymous wrote:Never mind. I fixed it.
good to hear you found a workaround.

i'm going to try and fix the problem before releasing 1.9.1 (or ask simon), but currently i don't have the possibility to do windows debugging.

thanks for reporting.

gyözö