more complex positions/multiple positions

You can add your ideas on how to make Bygfoot better here.
mom2pp

more complex positions/multiple positions

Post by mom2pp »

i posted this in another topic but everyone was to busy arguing to notice (own up gyboth and Lomion :P ). so here it is again

i think more positions are needed. such as centre back, right back, left back, centre midfield, right/left midfield etc. also in real life players like john arne riise for liverpool can play in a couple of different positions (riise can play left mid or left back). so i think players who can play more than one position should be implemented. this happens lots especially with midfielders who can sometimes play defence, midfield and attack
Haven't u people ever heard of closing a goddam door?
womble

Post by womble »

If that is to be implemented you definitley need to be able to buy from other teams since its going to be a long wait before a good left back appears on the transfer list.

I guess the most natural would be to have a number for each position (left, right, middle) for a defender, and the algorithm has to make the strongest defence from what is on the pitch (for instance, one strong left, and three strong right backs, where two will have to play center defence).

Sounds like a lot to implement for the poor coders though ... :roll:
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

sounds like something for Bygfoot 3.0. because 1.9 (and thus the 2.x versions as well) is built upon the assumption that there are only three field player positions. and this is too deeply rooted in the code to change it easily.

gyözö
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
Lomion

Post by Lomion »

Bygfoot 3.0... Hmmm... Do you mean the one that will be coded in Perl ?
vector

Post by vector »

Bygfoot 3.0... Hmmm... Do you mean the one that will be coded in Perl ?
PERL !! spleitweourwerue wash ya mouth out!!
It would be in Python :lol:
"There are two ways to score. Dribble it over the line or smash it into the back of the net."
What type are you?
vector

Post by vector »

i posted this in another topic
and its been mentioned b4. I believe the answer is still valid.

OVER COMPLICATION
diminishing returns.
it would increase the complexity, the time spent arranging the team. Game time would blow out. I believe it strikes at the heart of Bygfoot's mission statement.
"There are two ways to score. Dribble it over the line or smash it into the back of the net."
What type are you?
Lomion

Post by Lomion »

I think different positions are way too complicated. There should be only one position. Then the game can be renamed Smallfoot.
mom2pp

Post by mom2pp »

hi guys im back!!! :D

yeah i see your points
dylansmrjones

Why 3 or 4 positions?

Post by dylansmrjones »

Why not create some sort of matrix for positions?

- Offensive
- Defensive
- Normal

for individual player positioning, and

- Left back
- Left inner defense
- Right in the middle
- Right inner defense
- Right back

..and the same for midfielders and forwards.

This way, you can create a defence diamond and a midfield diamond and a forward diamond (let's call it a 3-4-3)

Even better would be a GUI solution. Let's say a green field, where players can be moved about, with the team structure adapting to the positioning of the players - and of course pressing on a player makes it possible to either drag him about or making it possible to modify the player's "running area".

And of course many other ideas too be implemented in Bygfoot Lite 27.8.4.13 or something like that :P

/dylansmrjones
---copyright is no right---
mom2pp

Re: Why 3 or 4 positions?

Post by mom2pp »

dylansmrjones wrote:Even better would be a GUI solution. Let's say a green field, where players can be moved about, with the team structure adapting to the positioning of the players - and of course pressing on a player makes it possible to either drag him about or making it possible to modify the player's "running area".
nice idea but hard to implement probably