Afraid of Chelsea ?

Football topics.
Lomion

Afraid of Chelsea ?

Post by Lomion »

I was already surprised that Chelsea didn't easily win the Champions League, but now that I read everywhere that Abramovitch can buy the best players in the world (Shevchenko, Trezeguet...) for such enormous prices that the other teams won't be able to follow, I am afraid that the balance will be destroyed. Will Chelsea remain alone on top with all the best players ? Who can stop them next year ?
vector

Post by vector »

Lomion, I feel that this all started quite some time back with Man UTD. chelsea have just taken it a few steps further. there is no doubt that money has ruined the top league. I remember the balanced days when it was just division one and not this "premier league" which continued the spiral upwards. Never in the history have we had such "sneaky goings on" in the top flight. Chelsea have now "stolen" Spurs Arnesen. for eg Big money calls and brings down the unfaithful. Where will it stop?
The nature of chaos and human kind tho will prevail once again and soon enough after a few seasons the tide will change. The fat cats would have made their money and Chelsea may end up gutted just like any big corporation.
My only hope is that other teams, who are now forced to try and match Chelsea, dont get pulled under as well.
This season i doubt it will show itself and chelsea will probably prevail. But when you have 24 players who are top class and know they are top class and should be on the field of dreams but only 11 can be. Things start to go wrong. Players get disgruntled. Everyone points the finger at everyone else and it divides from within.
Money cant buy happiness, in the end it will collpase.
"There are two ways to score. Dribble it over the line or smash it into the back of the net."
What type are you?
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

Amen.
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
Pechorin

Post by Pechorin »

It's not just about money (though it does help). Look at Real Madrid - they have got certainly the most expensive players, yet, they can't win anything. :D
Lomion

Post by Lomion »

That's not completely true. Madrid had very good results before the past two years. Barcelona has been able to hire excellent players like Ronaldhino, Giuly, Eto'o and they became champion. And Chelsea dominated the premier league (by far) exactly the year when Abramovitch comes and brings all his money with him. In the past there were teams with a lot of money. Today, there is one team with infinite money. I think it makes a big difference. I only hope that what you said will happen, ie the players will become unhappy, or Abramovitch will get bored of football :?
Of course, I wouldn't say that if I were a fan of Chelsea :twisted:
Pechorin

Post by Pechorin »

The most valuable asset of Chelsea the last season was Mourinho (however you spell that) :)

But when you look at the player's make up - they are not exactly best players in the world. Some individuals are great, for sure, but e.g. strikers this season were terrible (and relatively cheap). Still, Mourinho came up with perfect strategies and perfect formation - and Chelsea went from mediocre team to win the Premiership.

Don't get me wrong - I dislike Abramovich as much as the next person, but it's really not all about money with Chelsea - it's mostly about the coach.
mom2pp

Post by mom2pp »

have any of you noticed that some big names are hesitaing to go to chelsea for some reason or other?

either this is because they might not get first team football or they dont trust chelsea

i think we will see more and more big names turning down approaches from chelsea.
which can only be a good thing :)
Haven't u people ever heard of closing a goddam door?
atd

Post by atd »

Chelski can't buy every player. They offered 85 milion for shevshenko but AC Milan rejected it. (85 milion is the highest transer fee ever).
Lukily you can't buy succes with money, a team with only individual players (e.g. Madrid,... ) can't win. Chelski has a good coach so they aren't real individuals.
We are against Chelski if you didn't now allready!
attack is the best way to defend ~~ Arne Deprez
-----------------
"De omnis Belgae fortissimi sunt."(Of all these, the Belgians are the bravest.) ~~ Julius Caesar
Lomion

Post by Lomion »

I was more than pleased when Liverpool beat them in the Champion's League semi-finals :D
atd

Post by atd »

Lomion wrote:I was more than pleased when Liverpool beat them in the Champion's League semi-finals :D
I was so too!
attack is the best way to defend ~~ Arne Deprez
-----------------
"De omnis Belgae fortissimi sunt."(Of all these, the Belgians are the bravest.) ~~ Julius Caesar
Pechorin

Post by Pechorin »

atd wrote:Chelski can't buy every player. They offered 85 milion for shevshenko but AC Milan rejected it. (85 milion is the highest transer fee ever).
Lukily you can't buy succes with money, a team with only individual players (e.g. Madrid,... ) can't win. Chelski has a good coach so they aren't real individuals.
We are against Chelski if you didn't now allready!
Oh, you guys hate Chelsea just because of Abramovich :roll: But you know, it is a team with long tradition (albeit mostly of losing) :D

Anyway, it seems they will sell Kezman to Atletico, so they need a new striker now - they will buy somebody, let's see whom 8)
Lomion

Post by Lomion »

No I don't hate them because of Abramovitch, I hate them because of their supporters and the matches against Monaco in the semi-finals of the Champion's League last year. But I feel that their unlimited credit is dangerous for the equilibrium of the whole football world. But maybe I'm wrong, we'll see. I'm not sure if Milan has already refused the offer for Shevchenko :?
mom2pp

Post by mom2pp »

atd wrote:
Lomion wrote:I was more than pleased when Liverpool beat them in the Champion's League semi-finals :D
I was so too!
i was too!
(in case you hadnt guessed :P )
Haven't u people ever heard of closing a goddam door?