French translation

Topics about translating Bygfoot

Moderator: romihaitza

Lomion

French translation

Post by Lomion »

I'm working on a french translation. Is there one already ?
gyboth
Site Admin

Re: French translation

Post by gyboth »

Lomion wrote:I'm working on a french translation. Is there one already ?
heyho lomion, nice to hear from you again.

arnaud is working on the translation, i'm not sure how much he has already. send me an email and i'll give you his email address. or make an account in this forum and send him a personal message or email via the forum.

gyözö
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

i talked to arnaud. he's got about 250 strings of about 700 translated.

gyözö
Lomion

Post by Lomion »

Hi gyboth,

Nice to hear that you remember me :wink:
I plan on helping as much as possible, since I'll have some spare time (french team definitions, gfx and code if possible). Concerning the french translation and teams I'll contact Arnaud and maybe we can join our forces in order to be more efficient.
Long live Bygfoot !
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

Lomion wrote:I plan on helping as much as possible, since I'll have some spare time (french team definitions, gfx and code if possible). Concerning the french translation and teams I'll contact Arnaud and maybe we can join our forces in order to be more efficient.
Long live Bygfoot !
welcome to the community :-)

gyözö
arnaudus

Post by arnaudus »

Hello!

As Gyözö said, I am working on french translation during my wasted time (and unfortunately, this does not represent a great amount of time).

Any help should be very useful. Usually, the best way to cooperate in such a work is to use the cvs server (which is designed for it). A loooong long time ago, Gyözö gave me the premission to write on the sever, so I can update the fr.po file. Then, before starting a translation session, you just have to update your fr.po file from the repository, translate, save the file, and send it to the server. Even if the probability is weak, if we work togeather at the same time on the files, cvs tries to merge our changes.

Gyözö, do you know how to give some restricted permissions on cvs? I mean, for example, only the right to edit fr.po ? (you can restrict my own rights, I did more mistakes than useful work on it anyway :-) ).

Since we are at least 3 french-speaking users of bygfoot (+ Gyözö, sorry, I forgot that you are fluent in over six million forms of communication), is it possible to think about adding some language-specific threads in the forum? I mean for instance fot the 90% of french people who speak only one language...
Lomion

Post by Lomion »

Yesterday I could certainly have focused on translation and have the fr.po translated in one or two days on intensive work. But now that Gyozo has overloaded me with work I can only contribute. Anyway I have to download the cvs version and I'll add my translations and send you the fr.po so that you can upload it to the cvs.
atd

Post by atd »

arnaudus wrote:Since we are at least 3 french-speaking users of bygfoot (+ Gyözö, sorry, I forgot that you are fluent in over six million forms of communication), is it possible to think about adding some language-specific threads in the forum? I mean for instance fot the 90% of french people who speak only one language...
The users that speak only french can make a topic with a french subject and french text. Than they will be answered in french.
attack is the best way to defend ~~ Arne Deprez
-----------------
"De omnis Belgae fortissimi sunt."(Of all these, the Belgians are the bravest.) ~~ Julius Caesar
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

arnaudus wrote:Gyözö, do you know how to give some restricted permissions on cvs? I mean, for example, only the right to edit fr.po ?
i don't think that's possible. but i could give cvs permissions to lomion, i don't think he'll break anything.
Since we are at least 3 french-speaking users of bygfoot (+ Gyözö, sorry, I forgot that you are fluent in over six million forms of communication), is it possible to think about adding some language-specific threads in the forum? I mean for instance fot the 90% of french people who speak only one language...
of course it is possible. but are you sure 3 users (or 2,5; geovah is rather inactive lately) justify whole french threads? but i don't forbid it, of course.
Lomion wrote:But now that Gyozo has overloaded me with work I can only contribute.
overloaded :lol: i didn't tell you to deliver until tomorrow ;-)
Anyway I have to download the cvs version and I'll add my translations and send you the fr.po so that you can upload it to the cvs.
not necessary, if you give me your sf.net username i'll give you cvs access. just don't mess with the source code without discussing your changes first (unless it's something very simple and clear.

anyway, it does have a small advantage that you're not done with the translation: i'm planning to move the live game commentary to xml files (one for each language), so those don't have to get translated.

gyözö
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

atd wrote:The users that speak only french can make a topic with a french subject and french text. Than they will be answered in french.
yes. and take care what you say, i don't speak french well but i can UNDERSTAND it well ;-)

gyözö
Lomion

Post by Lomion »

We'll create thas french thread if needed, but I don't think it is that useful at the time being.
Concerning the cvs access, thanks, of course I won't mess up everything in an attempt to include quantum mechanics and world domination in Bygfoot (even if I'm feeling itchy to do it :P ). I'll send you my sf login name as soon as I can remember it.
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

Lomion wrote:Concerning the cvs access, thanks, of course I won't mess up everything in an attempt to include quantum mechanics and world domination in Bygfoot (even if I'm feeling itchy to do it :P ).
thanks, i'm very grateful.
as soon as I can remember it.
:lol:
arnaudus

Post by arnaudus »

I just updated my current fr.po version on the cvs. I won't touch it for several days, since I'm really busy right now. You will minimise the probability of conflit if you don't start with the first sentences... Good luck!

A.
Lomion

Post by Lomion »

Ok I'll try and translate a few more sentences during the next few days.
Lomion

Post by Lomion »

fr.po file entirely translated and commited to cvs. Maybe needs some further improvements, and of course to keep it regularly up to date. Xml commentaries will have to wait until the "intelligent commentaries" are fully implemented.