I sold them all !

Here you can... report bugs. Open a new thread for each bug, please.
unclearmind

I sold them all !

Post by unclearmind »

Greetings !

First of all I sold all the players ! Sure I got really money
and moreover the players I sold was still scoring in my further games.
Though I had only one player in the squad !!!!

In fact I also won 2 matches !!

There must be suspicious bug here :(

Regards
gyboth
Site Admin

Re: I sold them all !

Post by gyboth »

unclearmind wrote:There must be suspicious bug here :(
i know of the bug but i never bothered to fix it (and i don't think i ever will) because it's just too much work to make the game fool-proof. i only fix bugs that occur while playing like the game is meant to be played.

gyözö
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.

Post by Guest »

Maybe just disallow to sold player when you have only 11 players in team ?
arnaudus

Post by arnaudus »

Well, it is certainely more complex than "nobody plays without any players". This bug means that you can score goals with 0 points in attack, and that the opponent cannot score lots of goals while you have no defense.

In my opinion, this bug may be a sign that there are some problems in the game computation algorithm...
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

arnaudus wrote:In my opinion, this bug may be a sign that there are some problems in the game computation algorithm...
oh dear... i'm going to take a look at it as soon as i'm done with 1.9 ;-) no seriously: even if there is a problem with the algorithm, if the bug only occurs with 0 or 1 players (which seems to be the case, nobody ever complained about insensible results with 11 players), the problem isn't one that has to be fixed urgently.

gyözö

Post by Guest »

I suggest that any team which can only field no more than 6 players automatically forfeit their game with 0-5.
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

Anonymous wrote:I suggest that any team which can only field no more than 6 players automatically forfeit their game with 0-5.
hum.. who's this? anybody forgot to log in? :-)

nice suggestion. i'll implement something of the like in 1.9.

gyözö

Post by Guest »

I dont have a profile.

and apperantly one dont need one in this forum.

I have a profile in the old forum.
arnaudus

Post by arnaudus »

Anonymous wrote:I suggest that any team which can only field no more than 6 players automatically forfeit their game with 0-5.
I have not played football (I mean "real" football) since a long time, but I think this is a real rule : you cannot start a game with less than 7 or 8 players. Don't you think it can be an elegant way to fix this fu...ing bug?
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

arnaudus wrote:I have not played football (I mean "real" football) since a long time, but I think this is a real rule : you cannot start a game with less than 7 or 8 players. Don't you think it can be an elegant way to fix this fu...ing bug?
as i mentioned, i don't consider a bug that only occurs if you work really hard on making the program choke severe. and yes, it is a nice way to solve the problem. i'm going to do it in 1.9.

gyözö