Debian packages

The developers will post here to let you peek into future versions and announce new releases.

Moderator: idcarlos

gyboth
Site Admin

Debian packages

Post by gyboth »

since only stable releases should get uploaded to debian servers, and because he's probably got enough to do with wesnoth, i won't ask the 'official' Bygfoot debian maintainer to make a deb package for 1.9.0.

nevertheless it'd be nice if anybody (vector? you're using debian) could make one (i think it's not too difficult using an automated script like checkinstall, i use it to make rpm packages myself) so that debian users don't have to compile themselves or can download the package with the update script.

gyözö
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
vector

Post by vector »

um ill look into it.. I USE debian but that dont mean i understand it ;) and certainly have no idea about pacakges.. ill ask around tho
"There are two ways to score. Dribble it over the line or smash it into the back of the net."
What type are you?
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

making rpm packages with checkinstall is very simple (and i'm fairly sure it works the same way with deb packages): you compile a program, and instead of 'make install' you simply type 'checkinstall', answer some questions and your package gets created (i guess checkinstall reads the makefile to do so).

gyözö
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

issue solved, isaac's going to make the package. let's try and find and fix as many bugs as we can before saturday, so that 1.9.0 isn't the most unstable package in debian unstable ;-)

gyözö