Do you watch 'Live games'?

General discussions about the game, e.g. game strategy.

Always
90%
Never
5%
Sometimes (when the match's an important one)
5%

Total votes: 20

gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

I'm just being curious.... how many people switch off the live game feature?
If you've switched it off, you could mention how long you played with live game enabled.

Gyozo
Last edited by gyboth on Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
vector

Live Games

Post by vector »

I always use live games especially with the tendancy bar on.
Adds a note of realism and anxiousness to the game ;)
"There are two ways to score. Dribble it over the line or smash it into the back of the net."
What type are you?
womble

Post by womble »

I like to watch the live games and the commentry is nice. Bit strange scales in the setting though, 0-7 and -10 to 10?
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

womble wrote:I like to watch the live games and the commentry is nice. Bit strange scales in the setting though, 0-7 and -10 to 10?
that has game internal reasons. don't tell me you don't get used to it after a few matches ;-)

gyözö
Pechorin

Post by Pechorin »

I usually set the speed to -4 and mostly watch "live statistics" :)

And then I get really upset because my team had 6 shots at the goal, opponent only 2, and we still lost! :)

BTW. is live game intended for us to learn something about the team, or is it just random?
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

Pechorin wrote:And then I get really upset because my team had 6 shots at the goal, opponent only 2, and we still lost! :)
:lol:
BTW. is live game intended for us to learn something about the team, or is it just random?
the live game shows what really happens. it's a visualisation of the result computing algorithm.

of course there are a lot of random elements in it (otherwise it would get boring), but on average better teams should win against worse teams, all-out-attack teams should score more goals etc.

gyözö
atd

Post by atd »

Pechorin wrote:And then I get really upset because my team had 6 shots at the goal, opponent only 2, and we still lost! :)
One time I lost with 4 - 0, the other team had 4 chances and had about 10. And I had the most posession. :(
attack is the best way to defend ~~ Arne Deprez
-----------------
"De omnis Belgae fortissimi sunt."(Of all these, the Belgians are the bravest.) ~~ Julius Caesar
Lomion

Post by Lomion »

That happend very often in the real world. On the other hand, I played against a very weak team in a cup (-26 skill compared to me) and won by 6-1 so the algorithm seems to be at the same time welle balanced and able to generate surprising results. However, I think that the frequency of red cards is too high (I once had 3 players ejected during the first 15 minutes).
mom2pp

Post by mom2pp »

Lomion wrote:However, I think that the frequency of red cards is too high.
yes i think that too
Haven't u people ever heard of closing a goddam door?
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

mom2pp wrote:
Lomion wrote:However, I think that the frequency of red cards is too high.
yes i think that too
ok, i'm going to adjust that.

gyözö
mom2pp

Post by mom2pp »

Pechorin wrote:I usually set the speed to -4
i set it to -2 and have the verbosity level on 7
Haven't u people ever heard of closing a goddam door?
Pechorin

Post by Pechorin »

Lomion wrote:However, I think that the frequency of red cards is too high (I once had 3 players ejected during the first 15 minutes).
I agree - I often end up practically without subs because I lost several players due to red cards.

Though, it probably is more realistic to get 2 or 3 red cards all within 5 minutes then throughout the game. E.g. if there is a fight on the field, several players can be punished, but it hardly ever happens that a team gets more then one red card in a game.

Riots on a stadium may probably be followed with several red cards? Or is it impossible to code it? :)
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

Pechorin wrote:I agree - I often end up practically without subs because I lost several players due to red cards.
without boost?
Riots on a stadium may probably be followed with several red cards? Or is it impossible to code it? :)
riots are made by the spectators, not the players. like in rome when they had to stop the match :-P

gyözö
Lomion

Post by Lomion »

I don't know if this was fixed in the current CVS but I don't have too many red cards nowadays and it seems to be well balanced now.
Texugo

Post by Texugo »

gyboth wrote:
Pechorin wrote:I agree - I often end up practically without subs because I lost several players due to red cards.
without boost?
riots are made by the spectators, not the players. like in rome when they had to stop the match :-P

gyözö
Riots here are kinda routine :oops:

But not all of them happen during the game nor stop a game itself...but most riots get really nasty near the end of the game (obviously)