Bygfoot 1.9 can be translated

Topics about translating Bygfoot

Moderator: romihaitza

gyboth
Site Admin

Bygfoot 1.9 can be translated

Post by gyboth »

The current development version that will become Bygfoot 1.9.0 can be translated now.
  • The instructions on how to manage translations (gettext, po files etc.) can be found here. The instructions are originally written for the 1.8 branch, but all of the steps apply also to the current situation (i've also added some notes on 1.9)
  • A list of strings that are too short to know what they mean is explained here
  • finally, you can get the pot file for 1.9 here
i've made the experience that translators often begin their work full of enthusiasm but their verve fades very quickly (i've had several spanish translation offers for 1.8; none of translators delivered). 600 strings don't seem very much but it does take quite a few hours to translate them.

because of this, i've decided to set a deadline for 1.9.0 translations. i'm going to release 1.9.0 on June 18 (unless serious bugs or other difficulties emerge). the translations that are finished until then will get included, the unfinished ones won't. i think 3 1/2 weeks should suffice for translating 600 strings.

however, 1.9.0 is only a development version. if a translator can't make it until the deadline, it doesn't mean his translation can't be added to a later version. i'm expecting to release a lot of 1.9.x versions before 2.0, and any of them can contain new translations that didn't make the deadline.

if questions arise during translation, that aren't answered in the list of weird strings, you can post in this forum or write me an email.

if you'd like to translate Bygfoot, please announce it here or write me an email so that we don't have two people doing the same work.

thanks for your work and happy translating :-)

gyözö
Last edited by gyboth on Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
atd

Post by atd »

We're starting with the dutch translation
attack is the best way to defend ~~ Arne Deprez
-----------------
"De omnis Belgae fortissimi sunt."(Of all these, the Belgians are the bravest.) ~~ Julius Caesar
atd

Post by atd »

The Dutch translation is finished!
We start testing and making the player names.
-----------------
"De omnis Belgae fortissimi sunt."(Of all these, the Belgians are the bravest.) ~~ Julius Caesar
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

atd wrote:The Dutch translation is finished!
We start testing and making the player names.
sorry to tell you that there are a few new strings in the mean time :-P maybe 15 or 20 or so.

the pot file (see link above) is updated.

gyözö
atd

Post by atd »

We start translating the new strings to dutch. :roll:
-----------------
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

atd wrote:The Dutch translation is finished!
i've completely forgotten: thank you! :-D

gyözö
atd

Post by atd »

We'r again ready with the dutch translation. Now we'll do some names (if there aren't again some new strings to translate :lol:)
-----------------
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

atd wrote:We'r again ready with the dutch translation. Now we'll do some names (if there aren't again some new strings to translate :lol:)
thank you :-) there aren't any new strings yet. there might be a few later, but i'll make a string freeze on the 13th or 14th and you can translate the untranslated ones then (shouldn't be more than 10 or 15, i guess).

gyözö