Error choosing Teams

Here you can... report bugs. Open a new thread for each bug, please.
Oki

Error choosing Teams

Post by Oki »

I got this error when i use this definitions: http://blog.moinho.net/extra/brazil_league.tar.bz2
** (bygfoot:16165): WARNING **: xml_cup_read: error reading file (null)
I choose Flamengo, but the game start with Glória and when i click on start to play the games of week i get this message:
(bygfoot:16165): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_list_store_get_value: assertion `GTK_LIST_STORE (tree_model)->stamp == iter->stamp' failed

(bygfoot:16165): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: gtype.c:3351: type id `0' is invalid

(bygfoot:16165): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: can't peek value table for type `<invalid>' which is not currently referenced
Segmentation fault
I've tried again but this time i remove the cups tag from definitions, and i got this messages:
(bygfoot:16189): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_key_file_add_group: assertion `g_key_file_lookup_group_node (key_file, group_name) == NULL' failed
How could i debug the program? I have Anjuta installed on my Linux.

[]'s
Celso Goya
gyboth
Site Admin

Re: Error choosing Teams

Post by gyboth »

Oki wrote:I got this error when i use this definitions: http://blog.moinho.net/extra/brazil_league.tar.bz2
** (bygfoot:16165): WARNING **: xml_cup_read: error reading file (null)
the game doesn't find the cups. you've specified two national cups in the country definition, but the corresponding cup definitions aren't there. (you need a brazil_copa.xml and a brazil_league.xml file.)

let's solve this problem before trying to cope with the rest of the error messages; some of those might be a consequence of this.

gyözö
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

one more thing: please don't use official team names like Atletico Mineiro; use A. Mineiro instead. official distributions like debian won't be able to add the game to their packages otherwise (we don't have a licence for official names).

gyözö
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
Oki

Stress Tests

Post by Oki »

Hi gyözö,

I was testing CVS version, but i can't compile the soure codes. I got a message about xml.h file. Well, also ... i've installed the gdb and now, i'm able to debug the program. I think, using gdb i'll help more with bug hunting.

About the team names,
I'll make two versions of brazil league packages, by the way, you should choose the version would you like to pack the program.

[]'s
Celso Goya