Bug in calendar Europa League

Here you can... report bugs. Open a new thread for each bug, please.
David

Bug in calendar Europa League

Post by David »

Game version - 2.3.4
See screenshot.

Today - Week 44 Round 1.
Next match day - Week 43 Round 2.

Group stage Champions League - 6 games.
Group stage Europa League - 0 games.
Attachments
screenshot.jpg
screenshot.jpg (173.95 KiB) Viewed 2808 times
cl.jpg
cl.jpg (14.46 KiB) Viewed 2808 times
el.jpg
el.jpg (12.82 KiB) Viewed 2808 times
will_the_canuck

Re: Bug in calendar Europa League

Post by will_the_canuck »

Hello David.

Well, that is definitely an interesting bug. :) As Champions League Group Stage has already played 6 matches and the Europa League Group Stage has played 0 matches, in week 43, you have to wonder how long the calendar will last. Hopefully those games will be played or else the Super Cup won't be played or it will at least give an error. Hmm. I guess I wonder as you are playing bygfoot version 2.3.4, how many teams are in the group stages of the Champions League and the Europa League? If I recall correctly, there are 8 groups in Champions League for 32 teams and 12 groups in Europa League for 48 teams.

Now although I'm not really responding about the bug in the calendar, this bug truly is an interesting bug, I'm writing about your screenshot of your team. Now that looks interesting to me. After some of the names, there are names within brackets, like Bayern, Paderborn, and Academy. Are these clues as to where these players came from? Perhaps those names can imply that those players were acquired from the transfer list? Perhaps "Academy" can imply that those related players came from your youth academy? If so, congrats on the Etals (estimated talent) of that goalie and midfielder. :) I wonder if this is a feature of version 2.3.4 and is it an item to select or is it a default item, that these names are included? Either way, it does look interesting and likely something I'd like to see too, when I think of it. Although the way I play, there will be a time when likely half or more of my team players are from my academy. Oh well.

Now as for this bug, I appreciate you posting it here as this way, we can all see it, but you may have to also post about it on gitlab or such, the site that tstellar is using for hosting of bygfoot 2.3.4, so that he can account for it and work it out there and then follow-up with a fix. I guess you can post about it here first and then on the gitlab site, link to the post here on this site. Myself, I haven't played bigfoot in awhile and still use version 2.3.2 as that's what's available in the repositories. So yeah, I haven't upgraded yet. :) But eventually, I will. For now, I can wait.

Till then,

will aka will_the_canuck

PS - I guess the bigger question then is although it is showing that you are in week 44 round 1, and that your next match is in week 43 round 2, when you do hit the "bus" or "next match/week" button, what happens? Do you end up playing the Europa League match or do you play against a different team, like a league match? I'm curious as to what happens next. I don't believe the game will crash as tstellar did talk about testing the game and the results came back positive. Though how long things may take, that I can't say.
David

Post by David »

will_the_canuck wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:44 pm I wonder if this is a feature of version 2.3.4 and is it an item to select or is it a default item, that these names are included?
No, these are my own notes)
will_the_canuck

David wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:57 am
will_the_canuck wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:44 pm I wonder if this is a feature of version 2.3.4 and is it an item to select or is it a default item, that these names are included?
No, these are my own notes)
Well then David, that is rather interesting I'd say. And it might explain why Bayern is just Bayern and not Bayern Munich/München. :) Sometimes it might be fun to remember where your players came from I guess.

And getting back to the game play, like I said, I am curious to know what happened after that point that you posted about this "bug". How did the games progress and how long did the season last? i.e. how many weeks did it last? Other than that, I'm curious how after the first season, you qualified for the Europa League with a team that began in 2. Bundesliga? Damn your first season was likely a good one. Of course, the only thing I can think of is that you won the national cup in season 1 which would be a great accomplishment for a tier 2 team.

Oh well. Beyond that for now, I'll let you go.

Will aka will_the_canuck
tstellar

Post by tstellar »

@David, do you have a save game from a few weeks before this happened?

You can file a bug here and upload it if it's too big for the forum: https://gitlab.com/bygfoot/bygfoot/-/issues
David

Post by David »

Unfortunately no. But the next season it all happened again. There are saves S03_W33, S03_W36, S03_W39 and S03_W43.
tstellar

Post by tstellar »

Can you upload the S03_W39 and S03_W43 saves?
tstellar

Post by tstellar »

I was able to reproduce this on my machine, and I'm working on a fix.
tstellar

Post by tstellar »

Here is a merge request with the fix. You can download the builds for testing here.
will_the_canuck

tstellar wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:23 pm Here is a merge request with the fix. You can download the builds for testing here.
You FINALLY were able to find and see this problem. About time I'd say. :) Although why it wasn't noticed in initial testing before you released the definitions is beyond me. Well, I'm glad to see that you noticed the problem was with your European international cup competition files that you created. Oh well. At least you found the problem and were able to correct them, right? Now users can enjoy the European definitions the way they were meant to be played and can strive to be the European champions of soccer/football. :)