Abolition of the away goals rule in all UEFA club competitions

General discussions about the game, e.g. game strategy.
will_the_canuck

Abolition of the away goals rule in all UEFA club competitions

Post by will_the_canuck »

Hello all. When I was checking out some of the results of the current (2021/2022) UEFA Champions League results, I came across a footnote that led to this article: Abolition of the away goals rule in all UEFA club competitions. So it seems that UEFA is changing how the two-legged matches will be scored when there's an actual tie after two regulation-timed matches.

Now I will say also that some cup competitions handle this differently still, instead of just the away-goals rule. Some will have a penalty kick-off after full time and others may have extra-time and then penalty kicks, if need be. But as UEFA is getting rid of the away-goals rule, maybe options should be added for the cup designers to have some flexibility. Although the away-goals rule is easy, having the option to specify whether a specific round will have penalty kicks or extra-time AND penalty kicks would be advantageous. Also, whether or not some cup competitions even have the away-goals rule, I'm not certain, but being able to disable it and have something else set up would be good too, I think.

So, I'm just wanting to let you guys know that UEFA has started implementing this feature and since some development is being developed for a newer version of bygfoot, this might be something worth implementing.

Any thoughts or comments would be invited. So until next time, have fun.

Will aka will_the_canuck