About boost

General discussions about the game, e.g. game strategy.
buffonishche

About boost

Post by buffonishche »

What is boost. And how it works? Somebody know. How better use this. Any ideas?
I know. My English sux. Sorry, guys. I'm really stupid to learn langs. ^__^
will_the_canuck

Re: About boost

Post by will_the_canuck »

buffonishche wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:24 pm What is boost. And how it works? Somebody know. How better use this. Any ideas?
Hello buffonishche. Although you've posted a few posts today, this one seems easiest to reply to at the moment. :) In the long run, this one was still long to reply to but oh well. Hopefully it answers your questions.

As for "boost", what is it? Well, it is a feature that is available to the user to use when playing a club team game, in comparison to a national team game. As you say you are Russian by home country (if I recall), think of it this way: if you are playing as Russia in the European Championships, you would not be able to use the boost feature; but, if you were playing a club team from Russia, like Zenit St. Petersburg, in league action, you would be able to use the boost feature to help your team get that extra bit of "juice" to help you win a game, if need be.

Now, how does it work? Well, from my understanding, the boost feature has three options: anti, off, and on. Basically, "off" means you're neither using the boost option nor the "anti" option at the time and you're playing at your regular pace of your team and players. The "anti" option means you are willingly decreasing your rate of pace of your team and players for the period of time that you have the "anti" option selected. Now before you think this is a bad thing, there are some things that go along with using the "anti" option.

Within a normal game, players will operate at a normal pace. By this I mean that within a normal game, players will use up a normal level of their available fitness (Fit), which in turn will affect their level of their current skill level (CSk). Now whether or not they use up more of their level of available fitness depends too on how active that particular player is during the game and whether or not they may have been fouled or received any "knocks" from other players, which might use up more of their available fitness percentage during the game. If their fitness level gets too low, they might sustain an injury and need to be taken out of the game.

Now with the "anti" option, basically it will decrease the level of their available current skill level that would be applied to the game, but not their available fitness level. Also, as less current skill level is being applied for each player, the players will also use less energy to play the game. So probably the one benefit to using the "anti" option would be that you can have your players' level of fitness, and thus their current skill level, decrease at a slower rate while still playing the game, in comparison to playing at the regular pace that the players would normally play at. So if you happen to be playing a team that is vastly underpowered compared to you, say for a cup game or such, you could try to use the "anti" option to save the players' fitness levels, so that they can be used for the following game also. Or if your team's players' fitness levels are lower than you'd like and you can't substitute them off, you could use the "anti" option to preserve their levels for the next game, maybe even forfeiting the game, but still keeping your players fit enough to survive the game, if need be.

Now with the "on" option for the boost, it sounds exactly as it sounds...you've decided to give your players an extra boost to help win a game or two. But with that extra boost, there are some costs involved, literally. ;) To enable the boost feature, it actually costs you a certain amount of money per minute to use, so make sure you have enough money to use it. As well, when you use the boost feature, it increases the factor that your players may incur more fouls, as well as possibly earn more yellow or red cards, when compared to just normal game play. Additionally, as the "anti" option will decrease the level of current skill of your players that will be applied during a game, the "on" option for the boost will increase the level of current skill of your players that will be applied during a game, when compared to normal game play. Additionally, as the level of available fitness for the players will decrease slower when using the "anti" option, the rate of decrease will be faster when using the boost feature.

So as the boost feature seems to have its upside, the "anti" feature has its upside also. Now, as I was just talking about a level that would be applied to the numbers involved, I never did mention what that value actually was. Although I could be wrong and the developers could correct me, I do believe that the factor used in the boost and "anti" options is 10 percent of the player's current skill level. So if a user decided to use the boost feature, and the player had a current skill level of 50, the player's applied skill level for the duration would start at 55 and go down accordingly. If the user decided to use the "anti" option, that same player's applied skill level would start at 45 and go down from there, but at a rate that was much slower than if the user was using the boost feature.

So hopefully this answers your question about what is the boost and how does it work. :) Each option has a benefit and it all depends on which benefit you need and will want to use at any particular time. Although using either option may not work as well as you want, using them may give you a better chance otherwise. So on that note, I'm done for now.

Will aka will_the_canuck
buffonishche

Post by buffonishche »

Hi Will! Your comments are really helpful. Thanks! Please tell me what is strategy you use with boost? I use boost last 20 min if my team playing draw or losing. This not help always. Maybe use at first min match?
I know. My English sux. Sorry, guys. I'm really stupid to learn langs. ^__^
will_the_canuck

Post by will_the_canuck »

buffonishche wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:29 am Hi Will! Your comments are really helpful. Thanks! Please tell me what is strategy you use with boost? I use boost last 20 min if my team playing draw or losing. This not help always. Maybe use at first min match?
Well, as mostly lately I am doing a lot of testing of certain definition modifications and am playing matches without the live game feature on, any time I would use the boost feature, it would be for the entire game from the first minute to the last. And as I'm not using the live game, I only get the end report for the stats of the match after it is complete.

Now when I do play with the live game feature on, if I am trailing by a goal or two, it depends on when I might turn on the boost feature. Even if I was tied with the team or maybe ahead by a goal, I might turn the boost on by around the 60th minute. If I was behind by a goal or two, I might even turn the boost on after the half, maybe around the 45th to 50th minute of the game. I'll say that if the team you are playing has any money, and they are behind in the score or tied with you, maybe around the 75th minute, they might do an "all out attack" stance and turn on their boost to try to tie you or even beat you. How many times I've lost points that way...argh. Although buffonishche, one thing I might suggest, which I do mention in my post about "things to do or how best to start", would be to set your live game verbosity to "7", which is the highest level. I believe the default value is "5". By changing the verbosity to "7", it will give you a lot more feedback in the live game and you will be able to see when your opponents put their boost on and how the game play is going as it happens, which is nice. By seeing what your opponents are doing when it happens, it will give you more time to react and counter what they are doing, so that if they put their boost on, you can also put your boost on to counter the effects of their boost.

As for my strategy for using the boost otherwise, I guess it depends on the game I'm playing and how important it is and how I am doing in the game. As I said, normally if I'm needing to win and within striking distance, I'd put it on anywhere from just after the half to about the 60th minute or so, after I regain possession. But if my opponent puts on their boost and I need to put it on to keep the score in my favour, then I will be able to see when they put it on and react accordingly, as long as my live game verbosity is set to "7" so that I can see them turn it on, not just after they score a goal on me that I wasn't expecting. :) Hope this helps.

Will aka will_the_canuck