What Operating Systems should be targets for the next builds

General discussions about the game, e.g. game strategy.
tstellar

What Operating Systems should be targets for the next builds

Post by tstellar »

I'm getting ready to do some more builds of my latest fixes and improvements. So far I'm doing builds for all the supported Ubuntu releases and Windows, does anyone have requests for builds on other operating systems?
gunnar
Site Admin

Re: What Operating Systems should be targets for the next builds

Post by gunnar »

We used to have Windows, Generic Debian, generic RPM and Macos builds.
But the last one was always problematic.
will_the_canuck

Post by will_the_canuck »

Can I speak up here and inquire about the version for Windows? As the original version was a 32-bit version for windows, can a 32-bit version be made for windows, at least in the final compilation? Although I don't use windows often anymore, I do have access to a 32-bit windows system and also as it would likely be considered a legacy system now, a 32-bit version would be compatible with the 64-bit systems out there, would it not? So although I can likely see an advantage to creating a 64-bit windows version, could a 32-bit windows version also be created? As for the linux and Mac O/S versions, if you release the code as is, the person can choose to compile in either 32 or 64 bit themselves, if I'm not mistaken.

As for the fixes you mention, it would be interesting to see what fixes you made. As I am still using the 2.3.2 version within linux (lubuntu), I am still running into some new issues while testing definitions, which I'll eventually post about when I complete my testing.

Will aka will_the_canuck
buffonishche

Post by buffonishche »

I want say mobile(Android). But I understand this is impossible with its codebase.

For me important support only linux.
I know. My English sux. Sorry, guys. I'm really stupid to learn langs. ^__^
David

Post by David »

tstellar wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:55 am I'm getting ready to do some more builds of my latest fixes and improvements. So far I'm doing builds for all the supported Ubuntu releases and Windows, does anyone have requests for builds on other operating systems?
Debian
Last edited by David on Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
billys_boots

Post by billys_boots »

A RPM based Linux build, although I'm not sure if both RPM and Deb builds are the same.
tstellar

Post by tstellar »

I added support for building RPM and DEB packages and set up gitlab to build them for each commit. You can download the latest packages from the gitlab package registry: https://gitlab.com/bygfoot/bygfoot/-/packages