European definitions with new UEFA cup competition files

Forum devoted to country/league/cup/team definition topics. You can also get help here if you have trouble writing or using a definition.
will_the_canuck

European definitions with new UEFA cup competition files

Post by will_the_canuck »

Hello all,

I am posting this update as there weren't any other updates posted with the UEFA cup competition files, although yes, I did notice that tstellar did use/create some definitions with the files but in a different manner of which I did it. I'm posting this currently to put it out there, although some more work will be needed on some of these definitions since I came across a bug with some of the definitions and an issue or two on some other points. The bug relates to the value of the sponsor's contract and their renewal value, in relation to being in an inactive league that uses cup files to run the league. As this can affect more than just the two definitions I modified for the European definitions, more testing is required, but that will have to wait while I take a break from it for now. After I finish that next update, I'll leave the European definitions in someone else's hands. I'll get back to updating the South American definitions that I started before trying to fix the problem that arose with the European definitions.

So, with this in mind, if there are any definitions in the original definitions that you feel may need to be looked at and maybe redone to make it play better, let me know before I'm done so I can take a look and see what I can do. As well, with the "real names" issue, in my English updates, I know I used the team name of West Bromwich instead of W. B. Birmingham since I felt that it was further away from Birmingham and was more its own town. But you can look them over if you decide to use them. And as for Gibraltar, there aren't really any towns or such and as it is an English territory, it is more like one big area called Gibraltar. So either I could rename the teams to have Gibraltar as part of the name, or leave it as is.

And when I go to update the average talent values, I am thinking of updating the FIFA values also, which won't directly affect the European countries but will affect the team talent values for the European Football Championship friendly, as well as potentially the values given to other organizations' top teams, like potentially giving Brazil an average talent value of 8400, as per its FIFA points total in relation to a UEFA point total. Which date I use to update the values with those is still up in the air. And I can update the team listings to include what the rankings would be for the 2021-2022 tournament if wanted, using the same format for the Champions League and Europa League. Let me know your thoughts.

Anyways, I'm off for now,

Will aka will_the_canuck

PS - as there is a readme.txt file in the zip file, you can find more information there.
Attachments
european_definitions_update.zip
bygfoot 2.3.2 European definitions with new 2020-2021 UEFA cup competition files
(460.62 KiB) Downloaded 234 times