season objectives

General discussions about the game, e.g. game strategy.
atd

season objectives

Post by atd »

I'm playing with season objectives now. I always get 'finish at least at rank 3'. This isn't so difficult if you always get rank 1. Are there any other season objectives? (e.g. Win the CL or score 200 goals)
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

hm... that's geovah's area. i think the season objective is a bit immature currently. maybe he'll add more objectives later when he has the time.

gyözö
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
Marc Vaughan

Re: season objectives

Post by Marc Vaughan »

atd wrote:I'm playing with season objectives now. I always get 'finish at least at rank 3'. This isn't so difficult if you always get rank 1. Are there any other season objectives? (e.g. Win the CL or score 200 goals)
One thing I've always done with my games is to try and translate 'programming speak' such as 'rank 3' into something which is more natural to games players - eg.

Rank 3 = The board believe the team should look to qualify for the Champions League
(or similar)

With regards to having 'increasing objectives' - one thing which would work for this which I'm considering for FM is having supporter preferences, this would act as fuzzy logic over the top of a teams actual performances in some manner according to the supporters preferred style of play.

For instance if you were the Spurs manager and you were doing fairly well but mostly winning games 1-0 or having nil-nil bore draws then the fans would take this into account when deciding their mood ... they might be happy with the league position, but not with the style of football that is being played.

Having to keep this sort of thing in mind would add a small amount of challenge to the game.
vector

Post by vector »

For instance if you were the Spurs manager and you were doing fairly well but mostly winning games 1-0 or having nil-nil bore draws then the fans would take this into account when deciding their mood
a number of problems here.
1)spurs doing fairly well.
yeah right
2)mostly winning games
hmm which century was this?
they might be happy with the league position, but not with the style of football that is being played.
3) id be happy if we were just consistant...at anything

:lol:
only joking I have supported spurs since i was 5 and i do remember some good times ;)
"There are two ways to score. Dribble it over the line or smash it into the back of the net."
What type are you?
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

Marc Vaughan wrote:Rank 3 = The board believe the team should look to qualify for the Champions League
(or similar)
this doesn't work for lower leagues though. besides, having rank objectives is a bit more general than 'qualify for this or that', you can't translate them easily. how would you suggest to translate 'finish at least ranked 6'?
For instance if you were the Spurs manager and you were doing fairly well but mostly winning games 1-0 or having nil-nil bore draws then the fans would take this into account when deciding their mood ... they might be happy with the league position, but not with the style of football that is being played.
this would be something for later versions. season objective has low priority currently (which is also why it still contains bugs and can be switched off in the options menu).

gyözö
dthacker

Post by dthacker »

I keep getting fired, even when I meet my season objectives. Example, for my very first game, I took a team in the bottom division, and was informed that I needed to finish10th. I made all the way to the promotion playoffs and lost and was promptly fired. What does management want, anyway? There's no feedback at what other factors may be cutting my career at a certain club short.
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

dthacker wrote:I keep getting fired, even when I meet my season objectives. Example, for my very first game, I took a team in the bottom division, and was informed that I needed to finish10th. I made all the way to the promotion playoffs and lost and was promptly fired. What does management want, anyway? There's no feedback at what other factors may be cutting my career at a certain club short.
season objective seems to be a bit unstable still (which is why you can switch it off in the options). i thought, however, that the bug you mention is fixed in 1.8.1. which version do you use?

gyözö

Post by Guest »

I seem to be back at 1.8.0. In week or two when I have some "football time", I'll upgrade and give you some feedback. Thanks for the prompt response.

Dave
buffonishche

Post by buffonishche »

Season objectives are really cool feature. But I can't find it in version 2.3.2 from debian distro. Was it removed?
I know. My English sux. Sorry, guys. I'm really stupid to learn langs. ^__^