Debian package bugs

Here you can... report bugs. Open a new thread for each bug, please.
arnaudus

Debian package bugs

Post by arnaudus »

I really don't know if I have to report these (minor) bugs here, but I promised to Gyozo to test the debian package, so here are the results of the test :-)

I did not found any major bugs.

1) bygfoot is in english on my computer. I don't understand why, since my locale is LC_ALL=fr_FR.UTF-8. If I compare with another games, such as gtans, the internationalization files are not exactly in the same directory :

/usr/share/games/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/bygfoot.mo
/usr/share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/gtans.mo

... but :

/usr/games/bygfoot
/usr/games/gtans

gtans is in french,bygfoot is in english. This is clearly a debian bug...

The other bug is "cosmetic" : bygfoot description starts with "Description: soccer (football) manager game featuring the most important European leagues". Why "European"?

Well, OK, these bugs are quite ridiculous. Please, can you include more bugs in the next release?
gyboth
Site Admin

Re: Debian package bugs

Post by gyboth »

arnaudus wrote:I really don't know if I have to report these (minor) bugs here, but I promised to Gyozo to test the debian package, so here are the results of the test :-)
the aim of a stable release is to be completely bug-free, so please go ahead!
1) bygfoot is in english on my computer. I don't understand why, since my locale is LC_ALL=fr_FR.UTF-8. If I compare with another games, such as gtans, the internationalization files are not exactly in the same directory :

/usr/share/games/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/bygfoot.mo
/usr/share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/gtans.mo

... but :

/usr/games/bygfoot
/usr/games/gtans

gtans is in french,bygfoot is in english. This is clearly a debian bug..
humph... i don't believe i can help you there... i'm not very familiar with the po/pot/gmo stuff. is any other program putting its language files into /usr/share/games/locale, or only Bygfoot? at any rate you should write to isaac about this (did i give you his address? i'm going to send it to you).
The other bug is "cosmetic" : bygfoot description starts with "Description: soccer (football) manager game featuring the most important European leagues". Why "European"?
that's the old description, i've apparently forgotten to tell isaac there's a new one. if you write him, you could as well include the new description in your email:

"Bygfoot is a small and simple football (a.k.a. soccer) manager game featuring some international leagues and cups. You manage a team from one such league: you form the team, buy and sell players, get promoted or relegated and of course try to be successful."
Well, OK, these bugs are quite ridiculous. Please, can you include more bugs in the next release?
:lol: well, i must say the language bug shouldn't be there, at least. and i can absolutely promise there will be tons of bugs in 1.9.

gyözö
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.