I can't load my saved games

General help forum. You can post here if you have trouble installing, for instance.
atd

I can't load my saved games

Post by atd »

I can't load (in bygfoot 1.8.0) my saved games from version 1.7.3 :cry: (floting comma ( ' (drijvende komma in dutch)))
vector

Post by vector »

interesting. i have had no such problems with 3 different 1.7.3 saved files :(
"There are two ways to score. Dribble it over the line or smash it into the back of the net."
What type are you?
arnaudus

Post by arnaudus »

It looks like the localization bug we already had on xml files, I don't know if you remember...

When we write the save files (with printf), the current locale is used. For example, the number "1234.5" can be written:

1'234.5
1,234.5 etc.

The XMl library is quite "stupid", since only "english" numbers are understood. There are several solutions :

1) read and write files with the current locale (but : it is not possible to read a file writtent in another computer).
2) read and write files with "C" locale

The current "bug fix" is a dirty hack, since... no more decimal numbers are written in the file :-)
atd

Post by atd »

Actually the foult is not given when I load the game but when I go to the next week (space). (I saved my game at week 49, it's a new season too)
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

i'm going to investigate this as soon as i'm feeling better. i'm still quite ill, unfortunately :cry:

gyözö
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

the problem wasn't the locale (that's been worked around already). i was doing a %-operation with a negative integer.

the bug should be corrected in the cvs now. i've also made a new revision, so if you're using the source package, you can use bygfoot-update to fix the bug.

thanks to ken brush who not only found the bug but also sent me a fix.

gyözö
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.