Czech Republic 2019/20

Forum devoted to country/league/cup/team definition topics. You can also get help here if you have trouble writing or using a definition.
billys_boots

Czech Republic 2019/20

Post by billys_boots »

This is an update for the Czech definition. This update uses the league structure used in Czech for the 2019/20 season.

All team names used in this definition are real team names, as used for the 2019/20 season and any reserve/B teams have been removed, in which case a league would run with a smaller number of teams. The reason reserve/B teams are removed is that where leagues allow reserve/B teams to compete there is usually a block on those teams being promoted above a certain level and forbids those teams from it's national cup.
czech.zip
(10.46 KiB) Downloaded 279 times
will_the_canuck

Re: Czech Republic 2019/20

Post by will_the_canuck »

Well billys_boots, I tried out this definition for the Czech Republic with the windows version of bygfoot and the autosave feature on. Although it gave an error message that it couldn't save and ultimately created an empty save file, it did not crash the game. The error message in the stderr.log file is shown below:
** (Bygfoot.exe:2280): WARNING **: file_my_system: system returned -1 when executing '"C:\Users\HPMini\Desktop\bygfoot-2.3.2-win-GTK\zip" -q autosave_NONAME_Czech Republic_Slavi?ín_S01_W10_00.zip'.
This error message occurs three times as I allowed the game to try to autosave on three separate occasions. After the third time, I did save the file and transfer it to linux and then played it under the linux bygfoot version. When looking at your coding for the definitions, particularly between the third and fourth tiers, I had a suspicion that it might crash, but to my surprise so far, for two complete seasons, it has not. And when I look at the coding a little more, between the second and third tiers seems interesting also. I might swear I had some similar coding to my 2018 USA definitions for version 4 that created problems, but alas, so far after 2 full seasons, it seems to be not crashing. I was thinking that how it was coded, it might create problems through the randomness of allocation, but as I said, after 2 full seasons, nothing yet.

Although a likely unrelated error that I'm getting is for the names_files and wanting to use the file general/u000d.xml or such, which as far as I know, doesn't exist. Seems odd when looking for names of players. Oh well. It could relate to me switching the file from the windows version to the linux version but it is still odd. It happened after the change over from season one to season two. But I should add that in the windows version, I used your definitions but in the linux version, I was not using your definitions and just had the saved file, which might be the cause of all of this? Oh well. Still odd I think.

Anyways, this is just my update for now.

will_the_canuck
billys_boots

Post by billys_boots »

My editor is set to use UTF-8 which allows character sets from around Europe, and probably everywhere else, so I wonder if the source code for the auto save routine isn't able to deal with certain non western characters.

With the Czech definitions, especially between tier 3 and tier 4, I don't know where you are looking, is it the promotion/relegation part of the definition? With 6 teams being relegated from 3 tier 3 divisions into 6 tier 4 divisions placement in both directions is suppose to be random. From what I have read in the documentation, as long as the number of teams being promoted and relegated is equal then there shouldn't be a problem. With Bygfoot being a basic football management game then it is very easy to code a definition in such a way that is too complex for the game, many definitions I write are trial and error until I get it to work, which in some cases deviates from how some leagues actually work, Belgium and Germany are very good examples of this. As long as the game doesn't crash, other than from known bugs, then we can only hope that there will be future development on the game.

Keep me informed of any other issues you come across with any of the updated definitions.
will_the_canuck

Post by will_the_canuck »

billys_boots wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:57 pm Keep me informed of any other issues you come across with any of the updated definitions.
I may reply to your post another time but for this one, I just wanted to ask why you have a team name twice, in the same file. :) If you check out league_czech3b.xml, you have the team name of "Sokol Hostouň" entered twice. Why? :) Just wondering. I only became aware of this issue when playing the game and noticed the same team name was located in different areas.

will_the_canuck
billys_boots

Post by billys_boots »

Thanks for finding that. I will correct it.