1.9 too many subs

Here you can... report bugs. Open a new thread for each bug, please.
vector

1.9 too many subs

Post by vector »

I paused the game and made some subs.

First i tried sub a banned player.. it wont let me! :)
well done I thought I might trick you here but it seems you have already thought of it ;) Of course you cant sub a banned player

I made too many subs.. it let me.. I resumed the game
I got the "you are only allowed 3 subs"

ok now what , I cant remember who I subbed how do i take it back?

I couldnt find anyway out . Had to terminate bygfoot.

I did this again and took note of who I subbed.
got the same error
but this time unsubbed one of the players. ok we can continue now.

So my only point was it would be nice to either indicate who was subbed, or have a reset.
The reset idea may have a problem if its the second lot of subs. Not sure how you would keep track of subs and you may therefore un sub players that were substitued earlier on in the match, which of course should not be allowed.
"There are two ways to score. Dribble it over the line or smash it into the back of the net."
What type are you?
gyboth
Site Admin

Re: 1.9 too many subs

Post by gyboth »

vector wrote:ok now what , I cant remember who I subbed how
do i take it back?
i thought it doesn't hurt if users train their memory, too, a bit ;-)
So my only point was it would be nice to either indicate who was subbed, or have a reset.
yes, i thought of the first idea, too. it seemed complicated, though. but the second one, the reset, wouldn't be a problem because the team state is saved each time the live game is paused. it should be easy to implement reset.
The reset idea may have a problem if its the second lot of subs. Not sure how you would keep track of subs and you may therefore un sub players that were substitued earlier on in the match, which of course should not be allowed.
no, the game knows exactly what your team looked like before the pause. easy.

gyözö
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
atd

Post by atd »

gyboth wrote:
vector wrote:ok now what , I cant remember who I subbed how
do i take it back?
i thought it doesn't hurt if users train their memory, too, a bit ;-)
gyözö
Oh, it's hurt really. I must restart my 3 times because I forget my subs. :(
attack is the best way to defend ~~ Arne Deprez
-----------------
"De omnis Belgae fortissimi sunt."(Of all these, the Belgians are the bravest.) ~~ Julius Caesar
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

atd wrote:Oh, it's hurt really. I must restart my 3 times because I forget my subs. :(
all right all right, i'm going to make a reset button.

gyözö
arnaudus

Post by arnaudus »

There is certainly an alternative solution: a manager has to write the names of the players on a sheet of paper, and gives ot to the 4th referee, something like that. After this stage, you cannot "reset". I think it can be possible to simulate this just asking for a confirmation. "Are you sure ? Yes/No", and the sub is definitive if your answer is "Yes".
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

well, what do you others think? it seems there are two possible ways to do things, a) create a reset button and b) make subs definitive (with or without confirmation window).

i think i'd prefer the reset button, but the other method is maybe more realistic. any opinions?

gyözö
atd

Post by atd »

gyboth wrote:well, what do you others think? it seems there are two possible ways to do things, a) create a reset button and b) make subs definitive (with or without confirmation window).
Well, after giving the subs sheet of paper the 4th referee can answer: "that are more than three subs" and than it would automaticly reset.
attack is the best way to defend ~~ Arne Deprez
-----------------
"De omnis Belgae fortissimi sunt."(Of all these, the Belgians are the bravest.) ~~ Julius Caesar
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

atd wrote:
gyboth wrote:well, what do you others think? it seems there are two possible ways to do things, a) create a reset button and b) make subs definitive (with or without confirmation window).
Well, after giving the subs sheet of paper the 4th referee can answer: "that are more than three subs" and than it would automaticly reset.
that would be a) then. 'cause the other thing would be an immediate popup saying 'no more subs' as soon as you want to swap two players after you've already made 3 subs.

gyözö
mom2pp

Post by mom2pp »

atd wrote:
i think that idea is best
Haven't u people ever heard of closing a goddam door?
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

:arrow: reset button is implemented. you can do as many subs as you like, but if there are too many, there is a warning and the player list gets reset. you can also reset manually by pressing the button or right-clicking on the player list.

gyözö