Here we can talk about the forum itself.
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

how come most of you don't have avatars? that's the little pictures below your name (if you're registered) when you post. mine is, as you can see, Snoopy of the Peanuts as i'm a Peanuts fan.

setting an avatar is fairly easy, just click on 'profile' (after logging in) at the top and scroll down. you can either supply a link to the avatar picture, or if the site you find your avatar on doesn't support this, download the picture and send it to me via email. i'm going to upload it to our avatar gallery and you'll be able to select it then.

gyözö
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
atd

Post by atd »

Now I have one too (as you can see).
On my avatar you can see an A, a T and a D.(My name(on the forum)).
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

atd wrote:Now I have one too (as you can see).
On my avatar you can see an A, a T and a D.(My name(on the forum)).
i suggest you ask vector to polish your avatar image a bit... looks rather home-made currently ;-) no offense.

i guess a is for arne and t for tobe?

gyözö
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
vector

Post by vector »

oooo we have avatar police now ;)

I think an avatar is personal. Draw what ever you like :)

something I have learnt whilst developing Icons.

the idea is that the brain recognises a picture much quicker than type

no matter what that picture maybe. the brain will remember (once it has learnt or associated the graphic with the description)

Yes you can have pictures that describe in them selves, "its use'"(self describing). These are great Icons but are really only usefull to the new user who is learning to associate the graphic with the description. Once learnt it dosent matter..

what is wrong is to change the graphic constantly. becasue our brain has implanted its use and if you change it we have to erase and re teach our minds eye again. sure a few tweaks are allowed.

ooh and never question an abstract artist ;) you the viewer maybe showing your ignorance..your "i dont get it"
thats how abstact art got thru the system ! we were all too embarrased to say " what on earth is that supposed to be, my 4 year old can paint better'

but of course im not an artist just a bass player ;)

ooh and
im very willing to help anyone tweak their avatars.
it will cost you skill points tho.. transfer from your great players to mine
:lol:
"There are two ways to score. Dribble it over the line or smash it into the back of the net."
What type are you?
atd

Post by atd »

gyboth wrote:i suggest you ask vector to polish your avatar image a bit... looks rather home-made currently Wink no offense.
I made a remake. Is it better (the old was only a temporary solution)?
vector wrote:what is wrong is to change the graphic constantly. becasue our brain has implanted its use and if you change it we have to erase and re teach our minds eye again. sure a few tweaks are allowed.
sorry, but it's a bit like the old one isn't it?
I think that this is the final version
attack is the best way to defend ~~ Arne Deprez
-----------------
"De omnis Belgae fortissimi sunt."(Of all these, the Belgians are the bravest.) ~~ Julius Caesar