versions 1.6.x - 1.7.x have a memory leak

Here you can... report bugs. Open a new thread for each bug, please.
atilla trinidad

versions 1.6.x - 1.7.x have a memory leak

Post by atilla trinidad »

My distro:
ALT Linux Master 2.4 release with 2.6.9 alt11 kernel - the stable
and all final updates (kde 3.3.1, gtk2.0+, etc..)

at start i had bygfoot 1.6.2 then update to 1.7.3

And i have a problem with memory: every ~20 minutes (5-6 matches) swap and physical memory expires. Only reboot saves.
8((
Please advise!
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

i had such a problem reported to me some time ago. it turned out that it was a windowmanager fault; some kde-gtk windowmanager style was buggy or so.

try playing with another windowmanager; i hope that'll help. and maybe there are others who experience the same problems?

gyözö
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
atilla trinidad

Post by atilla trinidad »

gyboth wrote:i had such a problem reported to me some time ago. it turned out that it was a windowmanager fault; some kde-gtk windowmanager style was buggy or so.

try playing with another windowmanager; i hope that'll help. and maybe there are others who experience the same problems?

gyözö
ok, i'll try to use ICEwm...
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

hm.. an update on your problem and possible resolution would be nice ;-)

gyözö
fredp

Post by fredp »

I have the same problem with 1.8.1

Each match I play Bygfoot eats 10~15mb of ram

Wm: Xfce
Gtk theme: Clearlooks

But it seems to do it also with other WMs (Gnome, KDE, fluxbox) and gtk engines (pixmap, bluecurve, industrial)

But perhaps my installation has some troubles, since in the help window there is "Bygfoot 1.4.2". Does it happen only on my computer?
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

fredp wrote:I have the same problem with 1.8.1

Each match I play Bygfoot eats 10~15mb of ram

Wm: Xfce
Gtk theme: Clearlooks

But it seems to do it also with other WMs (Gnome, KDE, fluxbox) and gtk engines (pixmap, bluecurve, industrial)
so using another windowmanager and/or theme doesn't help? that's very unfortunate :-( i don't have a clue what this could be. maybe you should try getting a cvs version of the 1.9 branch and see whether the same problem occurs (don't expect too much, though, that version isn't done yet).
But perhaps my installation has some troubles, since in the help window there is "Bygfoot 1.4.2". Does it happen only on my computer?
i don't think this is related. and i know only of two other people who reported these problems, the one who started this topic and another one on whose machine the problem disappeared after switching to the default gtk theme.

gyözö