how do I get it to work?

General help forum. You can post here if you have trouble installing, for instance.
Mark

how do I get it to work?

Post by Mark »

Could somebody please help me. This game looks fantastic from the screen shots however how do I get it to work? You will have to excuse me as I am not good when it comes to computers and an idiots guide to getting me involved would be very much appreciated :oops: :roll: :roll:
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

hm.. if you're using Windows you can probably forget Bygfoot.

if you're using linux, have a look at this installation guide first. if you still have trouble, post again (maybe you'll have some more specific questions until then).

NOTE: The binary package (currently bygfoot-1.6.3-binary.tar.bz2 for the stable version) is probably the simplest one to use.

good luck! :-)

gyözö
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
mom2pp

Post by mom2pp »

aw thats a shame because my friend really liked Bygfoot when i showed him it but he doesn't have linux, just windows
Haven't u people ever heard of closing a goddam door?
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

mom2pp wrote:aw thats a shame because my friend really liked Bygfoot when i showed him it but he doesn't have linux, just windows
well, it works with cygwin on windows. but that's a lot of stuff to download. have a look at this post.

gyözö
vector

Post by vector »

i havent tried this with bygfoot and thinking off the top of my head but the thought just occured to me.
I walk around with a knoppix CD for occasions just like this:) (bending the world to linux)
Knoppix, briefly, allows anyone with a PC to look at how linux works without putting anything on their machine. ie it boots and runs from the cd or you can install it to the HD without affecting windows.

Im wondering if there is away to boot from knoppix and then install bygfoot?
"There are two ways to score. Dribble it over the line or smash it into the back of the net."
What type are you?
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

vector wrote:Knoppix, briefly, allows anyone with a PC to look at how linux works without putting anything on their machine. ie it boots and runs from the cd or you can install it to the HD without affecting windows.
i know knoppix, it's maintained by a german engineer. a nice and easy way to try out linux, and also to install a debian system.
Im wondering if there is away to boot from knoppix and then install bygfoot?
this shouldn't be a problem, i've already done it once (i think it was the binary package, which doesn't have to get installed, of course). even the deb package should work (apt-get install bygfoot? if the sources.list has the fitting entries).

gyözö