1.8: Extra goals added to penalty-taker's total

Here you can... report bugs. Open a new thread for each bug, please.
MarkC

1.8: Extra goals added to penalty-taker's total

Post by MarkC »

Hi,

I'm using version 1.8.0 from the Debian sarge package.

I've found that when I'm preparing for a match, clicking repeatedly on the "Boost" box causes the bookie's tip to be recalculated each time. When doing this, occasionally an extra goal gets added the the penalty-taker's total! This only seems to happen when the screen with the bookmaker's tip is showing.

Now I'm only guessing - no time to look at the code yet, and it may be fixed in 1.9 - but if the bookie's estimate is actually just the result of a simulated match, then maybe when a penalty occurs it's getting added to the player's total instead of being dropped?

Mark C
gyboth
Site Admin

Re: 1.8: Extra goals added to penalty-taker's total

Post by gyboth »

MarkC wrote:Now I'm only guessing - no time to look at the code yet, and it may be fixed in 1.9 - but if the bookie's estimate is actually just the result of a simulated match, then maybe when a penalty occurs it's getting added to the player's total instead of being dropped?
impressive :-) the bookie's tip is really the result of a simulation. however, the bug was even more severe: the successful penalties weren't counted, but the missed ones and the posts and cross-bars were counted as goals, and not only in the simulation :roll:

:arrow: fixed in the cvs.

thanks for reporting.

gyözö
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
mom2pp

Re: 1.8: Extra goals added to penalty-taker's total

Post by mom2pp »

gyboth wrote:the missed ones and the posts and cross-bars were counted as goals
yeah, thats happened to me too